• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

Getting married has absolutely devestated his game! Poor guy. He could have been somebody!

I wish McBeth would get in better shape. Walking those up hills and downhills, carrying that full bag, and whaddya know, he goes and pars a hole. Send him to the Eagle-Simon boot camp, or get the washed up guy a caddie... :popcorn:

Inflated par according to some sources.

The only source that counts is the TD. Par was set before Paul started and he worked toward -18 and got it. That last throw on #18 sure wasn't a lay up to protect the win.

The only hole I genuinely think is truly inflated is Par 5, #2. It remains exactly the same over the years, and is really wasn't affected when they hacked all the plants trying to eradicate Russian Olive. I'm almost positive that the historical stats would indicate it should really be a par 4, and that if you take a 5 at USADGC, you basically lose a stroke on the field.

All the par 4's have to be played quite well for a 3 (although I think they should make the left side of #3 OB, to make it a more legit par 4... Long faide left, upshot, and putt is a bit too easy for this crowd) and carding a 2 on them would require some exceptional shots, even for players of that caliber.

The only reason he didn't birdie #10 is his foot slipped on the tee. He looked more like a surgeon than disc golfer.

Last edited:
The only source that counts is the TD. Par was set before Paul started and he worked toward -18 and got it. That last throw on #18 sure wasn't a lay up to protect the win.

That's the thing that I loved about watching the third round. I almost didn't, thinking that Paul would just be protecting his lead all the way, but he went after everything, it seemed like.

I've often thought that coasting for the win was a bit disrespectful of the competition - "You're not good enough to catch me, even if I just shoot for par."

I've often thought that coasting for the win was a bit disrespectful of the competition - "You're not good enough to catch me, even if I just shoot for par."

Not at all...they want the win. Nothing wrong with coasting, laying up, etc once in a while.

It's more like running the ball on 3rd and long with a lead in football. You're just trying to prevent big mistakes that could allow the competition back into the game.

I just love how this thread pops back up when McBeast goes full McBeast. I laugh every time I see it.

This thread wins the DGCR Ironic Thread Title award.

Exhibit A as to why it's so hard to edit thread titles---some need to be paraded as examples of poetic justice.

Haha just to do it huh?? PmcB is super done man so done. Someone stick a fork in this dude because he's done. I hope this motivates him because I dont think he's motivated enough I mean first 1050 rated player, pssshhhh, so what! Anyone could have done that he just got lucky enough times to bag 4 world titles. I mean what has he even done for the sport?? Seriously, it's not like he pushed everyone to level up or anything I mean it's not like he gave any actual progress to the sport right? Someone would have been the first to snag Adidas. Someone would have been Paul if Paul wasn't Paul.

Someone would have been the first to snag Adidas. Someone would have been Paul if Paul wasn't Paul.
That so should have been me. I was getting ready to peak, but he beat me to it, and I was left to toil in obscurity.

Adidas? Pshaw. I'm waiting for my Nike sponsorship. "Is it the shoes thrembo?"