• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like a distance driver to me and I'm going to really enjoy the threads when they finally do put out an attempt at an overmold distance driver. Should be special. I said that to be on topic.

What I really wanted to say is I find it funny there is a vote for this to be a 5 star thread lol. OP did you do that? C'mon who's having a laugh? I've learned more about mason handshakes then the speculation of this mold.

Look, I don't hate MVP or their discs. They seem to be a great company and people like their stuff, it just isn't for me. I've also posted before about how I feel the hype about 'Gyro Technology' is overblown, but I suppose that's irrelevant in the end.

Further, I do hate some MVP fans who think that their discs are God's gift to the sport. I won't name any names and that certainly doesn't apply to most people on here, just an unfortunately vocal few.

Back on topic, I'm just glad to see them make colored cores with white overmolds. If this becomes a trend, I'm gonna have get me some reverse stormtrooper Ions and Amps.

Well, alias is a signal processing term: " Electronics A false signal in telecommunication links from beats between signal frequency and sampling frequency."

So it is an understable fairway driver. Don't like the name but been waiting for this type of disc.

Im having a hard time believing that this is a new disc in new plastic with a new rim. Or maybe Alias is like Rival, as in it rivals the teebird. Like its the alias for teebird. Only longer. With forward penetrating fade.

Could be, the colorful stamp does look completely different than others, but I find it hard to believe that they just happened to pick a name which has this meaning in electronics. Although it would be quite clever trick... And the earlier photo had different look, so my guess is they are teasing us with two separate things, new disc, and new plastic and/or overmold blend.

To say that alias is an electrochemical, geometric, newtonian or faradayan term is a reach. Just relax and prepare for your next spending spree. Im hoping for a meathook putter or an understable mid.

After carefully reviewing the alias pic and the neutron eclipse pic the stamps are exact matches. Same thing, two different teases.

Yes the stamps look same. Maybe the second one is just a sketch or something... Though more about the name, all putters are more related to physics, midranges are mathematical, slower fairways are electronic components and faster fairways are more general names related to electricity. So Alias does not fit clearly to any of those, so it could be faster driver... Or something completely different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts