• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's after plastic?

Naenae

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Let's assume that we eventually learn, through painful necessity, that we need to leave petroleum in the ground (or alternatively, we burn it all until it is gone).

What do we throw then? Speculate on materials that would make a post-plastic alternative.

In the future landfill mining will be a thing. Smart people will buy up those properties and wait for materials and commodities to completely disappear and then dig it back up and salvage whatever they can for money. Kinda like petrified lake logs.

Good luck getting the pdga to bend on flexibility, rim width and weight standards.

To be more serious... some kind of multi laminate process. I'd wonder about some bamboo alternative. It makes decent shit tickets why not layer it up and forge it like plywood into discs. The warpage could be insane though.

I shudder at the safety aspects of any fibrous product though if it splinters.

(Edit: Really I can just write sh*t I don't have to get around it cleverly, this place is going to he'll)

Poop.

Back to the basics.

Sadly, Virtual Reality.

Speaking of which, Disc Golf Valley is actually quite good.

But not being outside, walking, searching for discs in the woods, banging the chains would kill it for me.

That way we can pollute our drinking water.
We will no longer need paper straws.

I hope you're not serious.

Not drilling for deep oil (whether fracking or conventional) does not contaminate ground water, which is many strata above the reserves.

Drilling/fracking for petroleum most definitely contaminates ground water through disruption of those strata.

We never needed straws. The deep state made us use them.