• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Allentown - Dec. 7th

The thing with locals is they have all developed stand and deliver. From the fairways. I never developed a run up from fairways and typically only stand and deliver. Why? Cause I learned to play at Nocky. Nocky has developed a few 1000 rated national pros and a 900 and rising female. It's the beast of the east and doesn't pretend to care about amateurs let alone Beginners. Locally many are upset that TimG will not remove the many early reviews when the course was just 14 holes so there is a defense mechanism and a bit of a rivalry with
Jordan, Iron Hill and Tyler when it comes to ratings.
Nocky has flaws. Every course does. But overall she delivers in the challenge and beauty department. Which was the designers intent To make the prettiest but most challenging woods course in the world.
A 4 is fair and not exactly out of range. It's the 3.5s and lower that really bother me.

I wish I could have given it a 4.25, but I think a 4.5 would have been pushing it. the course did not meet the same standards as my other 4.5's but it was pretty close.
I guess it ranks up with Iron Hill and Quaker, so I guess all I need is an excuse to bump it up to 4.5

Last edited:
I often have thought that if the course played in it's original layout with 10-18 being original 1-9 and present 1-9 being 10-18 many would walk away thinking of the beauty and fun of the lake downhills and the buttkicking spit you out wooded meanie holes would fade from memory.
The numerology changed just prior to worlds 2005 as the latter half was more difficult. Least that's how I remember it.

I wish I could have given it a 4.25, but I think a 4.5 would have been pushing it. the course did not meet the same standards as my other 4.5's but it was pretty close.
I guess it ranks up with Iron Hill and Quaker, so I guess all I need is an excuse to bump it up to 4.5

A four is fair if that is how you feel prerube. Like opti said, I can only see it being a problem if you rated it below a four.

I would like to thank bcr123psu, bradc, prerube and optidiscic for a great day playing disc golf! The day was cold and very wet, but any day playing disc golf is a great day!

Nocky kicked my butt, however I am very happy with my score of 94! It wasn't triple digits and for my first time, in the cold and rain, I had a really great time. Can not wait to get back out there in the Spring!

It got colder and darker while playing Sellersville, but also had a great time. Shot much better, a 51, with an awesome 2 on hole 12. I will definitely be back there is the Spring also.

GLong, you were right! There was no way we were going to get more than two courses in!

Thanks again guys!

Nice meeting you guys and shooting with you as well. Wish it could have been a nicer day for your first time at Nockamixon, very pretty course in gorgeous weather.

Glad you guys had a good time, and thanks for allowing me to tag along.

can you tell your locals to get the sticks out of their butts. I got 4 thumbs down in under 30 minutes and not a single person was willing to tell me what was wrong with the review.

Rube's Nocky review

Seems like an honest review. I will lean with Opti though, I think many of the thumbs down stem from the listing of "footing" as a con.

Most locals, myself included, don't feel that is a con, rather just how the course plays. If you want clear footing, go to Tinicum or Parkway.

Trecherous terrain is a con. If I would have listed the rocks as an injury hazard would that have been more appropriate?

Hahaha our locals are a tough breed and Nocky is to be defended with full valor. Sticks and boulders can be found up their butts.Lol.

Before I got in my car after playing Nocky, I had to take the boulders and sticks out of my butt that the course beat me with over the four hours it took us to play.

After shooting a 9 on hole 10, all I wanted to do was finish under 100. I did, and I will definitely be back to give it another go.

It is a course that I will play at least once a year to see how my skills have improved over the year.

I am not in the 'Rating Business', but it is a course I will tell people they must play.