• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Allentown - Dec. 7th

jabruzzo3

Eagle Member
I am heading up to the Allentown area on Dec. 7th.

I am meeting up with BCR123PSU at Nockamixon State park at 10AM to play one round with him and trade tags.

I am then off to play as many courses as I can on my way back to Annapolis. I am thinking about Unami Creek, Sellersville, Salford Township, Branchwood and Upper Salford.

If anyone wants to call in sick from work and meet up, let me know. After my round with BCR123PSU, I can be persuaded to alter my play schedule as long as it is not too far off my path to Annapolis.

Let me know!

Have fun with your ambitious schedule!

would you be up for: Nocky, Sellers, Branchwood, Upper Salford, Plains

Sunset for Allentown is 1630~1635 that day.

Nockamixon is a great course, quite difficult, and physically demanding - wear stout shoes, as rocks/stones, especially on the back nine, are omnipresent, and tough on the feet. This course took me and travel partner a bit longer to play that a standard course - about two hours for the two of us, if I recall, while 1.5 hours is more of typical time for us.

While the other courses are relatively close, as the crow flies, it'll take a little longer than you might expect to move between courses, so you'll likely need to prioritize which of the other four courses you hope to play that day - or postpone your trip until the third week of June! :)

Nockamixon is a great course, quite difficult, and physically demanding - wear stout shoes, as rocks/stones, especially on the back nine, are omnipresent, and tough on the feet. This course took me and travel partner a bit longer to play that a standard course - about two hours for the two of us, if I recall, while 1.5 hours is more of typical time for us.

While the other courses are relatively close, as the crow flies, it'll take a little longer than you might expect to move between courses, so you'll likely need to prioritize which of the other four courses you hope to play that day - or postpone your trip until the third week of June! :)

Thanks for your wisdom! I thought it to be a little ambitious and if we have to alter the schedule as it gets later in the day or our arms start to fall off, we will.

I will be getting back up there in May or June to play some of the other courses up there. Would you be interested in a road trip? I follow and rely on all your reviews and would love to play a round or two with you.

Branchwood and Salford will leave you wanting, especially after Sellersville and Nockamixon. What time do you plan on hitting Sellersville? I could bail from work for a few and give you a tour. Do not have a travel tag though, if that matters...

Branchwood and Salford will leave you wanting, especially after Sellersville and Nockamixon. What time do you plan on hitting Sellersville? I could bail from work for a few and give you a tour. Do not have a travel tag though, if that matters...

We are meeting BCR123PSU at 10AM to play Nockamixon. As soon as we are done there, we are heading over to Sellersville. If Nockamixon takes 2.5hrs to play, we should get to Sellersville by 1:30 - 1:45 I would think. Could you take a long lunch?

I will PM you may cell number. Hit me back with yours and we will give you a call when we leave Nock and start heading over to Sellers.

What do you think?

Looks like we may have a mini-DGCR meet happening here!

So far myself, bcr123psu and prerube are confirmed. Glong, BradC and Fool will get back to me next week. And bcr123psu was going to talk to optidiscic.

Looks like it is going to be a fun time.

I will follow this up with a PM with my cell phone number.

Starting at Nockamixon at 10AM, Dec. 7th.

See you there.

I thought about that. But if we miss a little 9 holer or 2, I doubt it will be a big deal.
looks like with 5 DGCR member we may have to lower it to 3 courses.

Last edited:
Fool can not get off work so he has backed out.

bcr123psu said he could only make it to Nocky.

BradC may make a couple if his work load is light.

Not sure about Optidiscic.

So only three of us will be playing the 3 - 5 courses before dark.

No problem!