• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I turning too far back when I drive? Accuracy, Consistenc

MikeyDays

Ive just started taking my BH serious since this spring and it is really coming along. My question is should I be facing my target when throwing? Right now I dont feel that comfortable leaving my body more open towards my target. Basically what I do now is have my head, shoulders, and back to my target before I come through. I do it this way because its more natural to me and I feel more comfortable. I feel like this is where some of my accuracy and consistency issues are coming in though. What Ive picked up through tips is that on a distance drive I should be extending my arm all the way back before I come through, is that correct? What can I do to become more accurate?

Extending the arm fully back in the reach back adds power at the expense of reduced accuracy and consistency. If you meant getting the arm back away from the target in the follow through there are some people that with high power follow through 120 degrees right of the target. The length of the follow through depends on the power and should be mostly to fully coincidental. To become more accurate you need to snap harder and later to maximize the feel of weight of the acceleration of the disc pressing against your fingers. That feeling back toward the target can be used for great aiming advantage. Slowing down and not reaching so far that you lose eye contact helps. I'd also accentuate the late acceleration by not turning the torso as early toward the target. When you do turn later it is automatic that the rate of acceleration goes up. Too early of a body turn often leads to rounding making the disc fly toward the target only during one very brief moment when a straight line pull has the disc moving down the correct path most of the time. That spells accuracy and consistency improved.

Latest posts