• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

I truly believe the big deal is emerging markets in Europe and China/Asia and having a manufacturer in those regions, rather than a business move to try and make more money off the existing fanbase.

I would think as far as sponsorship goes, SHOULD they so choose, any of the 3 lines would be treated as Discmania is now. But not that it expands into Lat64 or Yikun proper. Even so, I dont think it is automatic that ANY Innova player has DM option in their contract, and also think that currently and going into the future, the contracts would become more restrictive than in the past.

I truly believe the big deal is emerging markets in Europe and China/Asia and having a manufacturer in those regions, rather than a business move to try and make more money off the existing fanbase.

I would think as far as sponsorship goes, SHOULD they so choose, any of the 3 lines would be treated as Discmania is now. But not that it expands into Lat64 or Yikun proper. Even so, I dont think it is automatic that ANY Innova player has DM option in their contract, and also think that currently and going into the future, the contracts would become more restrictive than in the past.

This is my interpretation as well.

DISCMANIA ACTIVE (Yikun partnership)

UPCOMING PRODUCTS

DISCMANIA GUARDIAN LION

(Putter)
Weight range: 165-170g
Plastic Compound: Base
Colors: White, Blue, Pink
Estimated Release: March, 2019
1/3/0/1

DISCMANIA SPRING OX

(Mid-range)
4/3/0/2

DISCMANIA FOX SPIRIT

(Fairway Driver)
6/4/0/2

DISCMANIA SUN CROW

(Driver)
7/5/-4(?)/1

DISCMANIA SEA SERPENT

(Distance Driver)
11/5/-2/2

Judging by the numbers I'd say these are either modified or possibly just base versions of these below Yikun discs;

Claws- Gaurdian Lion
Yao - Spring Ox
View- Fox Spirit
GAO- Sun Crow
Jun- Sea Serpent

If I'm right and the Spring Ox is a baseline Yao, I'm excited. I used the baseline Yao when Yikun made it the Cell for Salinet and it was a great mid for me. And if the Gairdian Lion is a take on the Claws, that's a really good lid.

Judging by the numbers I'd say these are either modified or possibly just base versions of these below Yikun discs;

Claws- Gaurdian Lion
Yao - Spring Ox
View- Fox Spirit
GAO- Sun Crow
Jun- Sea Serpent

If I'm right and the Spring Ox is a baseline Yao, I'm excited. I used the baseline Yao when Yikun made it the Cell for Salinet and it was a great mid for me. And if the Gairdian Lion is a take on the Claws, that's a really good lid.

How good is Yikun's baseline plastic?

Jun was the Salient Naplam. It reminded me of a Beast L.

View was the Salient Flatline.

Last edited:
Infinite just updated their Discmania lineup with the following new discs/#'s:

Enigma: 13/5/-1/3
Instinct: 7/6/-1/1
Method: 5/5/0/2
Link: 3/3/0/1

How good is Yikun's baseline plastic?

It's okay, it's somewhat similar to Bt Soft in that it warps really easily but retains its flight pretty well. Some people love it and others think it's terrible. I think for mids and putters it's good, don't like it for drivers.

It depends on how their contracts are written. I believe that Eagle and Simon can only throw Discmania branded products per their contract. They can't throw Innova or Millennium branded discs.

It seems that most Innova players can throw any disc that has Innova tooling. So no, Ricky won't be able to throw the Harp as it is produced by Lat 64.

Unless this is a new thing in their contracts, you're wrong. Eagle has been throwing a Glowchamp gator and a MF Max for awhile...

That's unfortunate that Yikun did that partnership. They had enough challenges cracking the US market without being associated with that.

That's unfortunate that Yikun did that partnership. They had enough challenges cracking the US market without being associated with that.

Lol right? Which disc of there's was the Lock Jaw? I liked that thing.

Would love to try a an Opto FD!

I think all the molds under the 'Discmania Originals' will keep being made by Innova & produced with their plastics (CLine, S-Line etc).

Whatever new molds they come out with the 'Discmania Evolution' brand will come in in Lat64 plastic blends.

As somebody who likes Discmania and Latitude 64, I think this is awesome.

Pretty cool to think of Simon and Eagle slinging Discmania branded Swedish plastic.

Definitely did not think this would be the announcement. The yikun move to me makes way more sense than latitude. Base plastic manufactured in China means you'll eventually see them at Walmart for 5 bucks, which will get the brand name in front of a lot of people. You'd hope those particular molds are more beginner friendly and new players "graduate" to the higher priced items eventually. And Asia definitely is a massive potential market.

I get wanting to have a manufacturing presence in Europe also, I just don't know what the latitude portion will do to add to the big picture aside from geographical presence.

To me the most interesting tidbit is how the Discmania/Latitude relationship is going to impact Dynamic Discs. I think a lot of people feel it's a matter of time before production starts ramping up in the US.

Lol right? Which disc of there's was the Lock Jaw? I liked that thing.

That was the Claws, and yes it is very good. Possibly the best lid that no one throws.