• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

Honestly i thought this exceeds the hype. I thought it was going to be a boring clothing/apparel collaboration.

I thought it was going to be bigger too like a Sports Manufacture like Nike who they have used for clothing was going to be making the clothes and bags for them as well as own a stake in Discmania. I mean one of the older non Shield Discmania logos looks like the Nike logo and one of DGA's logos so only seems logical that Nike might do this considering that Discmania has two of the top players they sponsor. It was that or Discmania was going to be making its own discs which was the more logical choice.

The Active brand logo for Yikun Discs looks like a Cheep brand that makes sports clothes like the Augusta Sportswear logo. The others look like a cool brand that makes discs for people. I bet that Innova players still can only use the Innova Discmania disc. It is nice to see a brand that is not tying down to one company's products and rather using a few of the better brands of disc manufacturers. I hope that if say Yikun Discs fails that Discmania buys out the company disc and molds and makes those molds in house with same name just different Discmania logo. Latiude 64 was a logical choice since they are the biggest manufacter in Europe where discs are made not by a USA based Company.

I truly believe the big deal is emerging markets in Europe and China/Asia and having a manufacturer in those regions, rather than a business move to try and make more money off the existing fanbase.

I would think as far as sponsorship goes, SHOULD they so choose, any of the 3 lines would be treated as Discmania is now. But not that it expands into Lat64 or Yikun proper. Even so, I dont think it is automatic that ANY Innova player has DM option in their contract, and also think that currently and going into the future, the contracts would become more restrictive than in the past.

Could explain why Innova has made a putter like the bead less Discmania disc in its lineup and is making a limited production KC Pro Whale as that is close to the other beaded putter Discmania makes. So Discmania players can no longer throw Innova and its other products ?

Could explain why Innova has made a putter like the bead less Discmania disc in its lineup and is making a limited production KC Pro Whale as that is close to the other beaded putter Discmania makes. So Discmania players can no longer throw Innova and its other products ?

Innova also makes Pro Whales in the form of the Infinite Discs Myth, which has been out for a while now. As to what Discmania players can and can't throw (and what Innova players can and can't throw), that's one of the things we are waiting to see what shakes out.

You don't have to speculate, the answers are already out there:
https://www.discmania.net/pages/evolution

That page shows the new molds planned (INSTINCT, METHOD, LINK, ENIGMA), and also the new plastics (EXO, NEO, LUX).

Jussi thinking outside the teebox. Saw the upcoming 'Originals' releases.

DD3 - this is the CloudBreaker?
FD2 - I thought this was already retooled? If it really does fly 6/4/0/2 I'll check it out.

I've got a handful of flat 160s original c fd2s and they're awesome flick discs. I'd almost call it a banshee-L in flight. The retools were basically a tb3 that came out more os than intended. If you're retooling something and involving teebird mold parts and still aren't happy with the result I don't know what else you can do.

Jussi thinking outside the teebox. Saw the upcoming 'Originals' releases.

DD3 - this is the CloudBreaker?
FD2 - I thought this was already retooled? If it really does fly 6/4/0/2 I'll check it out.

If I'm right and the Spring Ox is a baseline Yao, I'm excited. I used the baseline Yao when Yikun made it the Cell for Salinet and it was a great mid for me. And if the Gairdian Lion is a take on the Claws, that's a really good lid.

I'm officially piqued about this lid. I might check this out if I run across it in a store.

What was it that you liked about that mid?

I'm officially piqued about this lid. I might check this out if I run across it in a store.

What was it that you liked about that mid?

The regular Yao is a great disc, straight to fade amdnreally accurate but not really much glide. Also all of the preimium ones are domey.

The base ones molded up flat and with good glide. Made it this really nice workable if that would hold a lot of lines but you could count on to come back. I hit my first ace with one also which will endear many people to a disc.

The regular Yao is a great disc, straight to fade amdnreally accurate but not really much glide. Also all of the preimium ones are domey.

The base ones molded up flat and with good glide. Made it this really nice workable if that would hold a lot of lines but you could count on to come back. I hit my first ace with one also which will endear many people to a disc.

I hit an Ace with a Rubber Putter, that did not endear me to the disc/mold. The mold is not stable enough to use for a putter in windy situations not to mention the mold is one that like the Aero has too much glide for a putter in closer situations.

I've got a handful of flat 160s original c fd2s and they're awesome flick discs. I'd almost call it a banshee-L in flight. The retools were basically a tb3 that came out more os than intended. If you're retooling something and involving teebird mold parts and still aren't happy with the result I don't know what else you can do.

I don't know try using Eagle and hope that helps? A Eagle 3 like disc would be amazing for some people.

Hopefully now I'll be able to get
- A very overstable flat top beadless mid/putter from Discmania. Something like a Pig/Mortar/Zone.
- A SUPER beefy driver like an Innova Max/Monster would also be great to add to the Discmania lineup. It would kick Eagles MF Max out of his bag.

Hopefully now I'll be able to get
- A very overstable flat top beadless mid/putter from Discmania. Something like a Pig/Mortar/Zone.
- A SUPER beefy driver like an Innova Max/Monster would also be great to add to the Discmania lineup. It would kick Eagles MF Max out of his bag.

:clap: I thought about adding a DM mid to my bag but I wanted something beadless as well.

:clap: I thought about adding a DM mid to my bag but I wanted something beadless as well.
The MD is beadless and an extremely underrated mold. IMO it is exactly what I wanted the Mako/Mako3 to fly like. If you throw it flat with no OAT it will fly straight 300'+ on a laser line with ZERO fade. The MD2, MD3 and MD4 all have a microbead. I like the feel of the microbead backhand. I don't mind the MD4 for touch forehands but I want a beadless mid/putter that I can "rip on" forehand.

Latest posts