• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Discraft pros you are tired of hearing about?

Yes. Clearly the consensus is that Andrew Fish would be better if he looked completely different. We need Queer Eye for the Disc Golf Guy.

No I am just saying are the glasses he wears, are they a hinderance to his game?. Could he score lower with better fitting glasses that he can see better from? Visuals are a big part of the disc golf game. I don't care what they look like and he could be wearing glasses that are the sport safety type with strap but prescription seems like it would be a big change to help his game if they are not so scratched and fit his face better.

How can you tell his glasses are all scratched up? Are your new glasses from late 2017 THAT good?

Ron Russell
Mark Lizard Lawyer Ellis
Todd Branch

Mark Ellis taught me how to throw a forehand in 1997. Encouraged me to stop throwing Barracudas and get some X-Clones. Thanks to him I hit 300' for the first time, and that gave me the confidence to get my PDGA number the next year and start playing in tournaments.

Plus, it's fun to do an impersonation of his voice.

How can you tell his glasses are all scratched up? Are your new glasses from late 2017 THAT good?

No my glasses are not that good nor in bran new condition. :|

It is just he has a big scratch in one lens about 3/4 from the bottom of the lens, I forget the side it would be on. It is big and obvious when you see his face closer in on the screen. It is so big I would assume the glasses have all those little micro scratches if they have one really big scratch in a lens like that. This makes me think he might need new glasses, also it seems like he has on a pair that is slightly too big for his head.

I like Andrew as a player, he has a lot going for him, to be the top player in Canada.

Last edited:
Mark Ellis taught me how to throw a forehand in 1997. Encouraged me to stop throwing Barracudas and get some X-Clones. Thanks to him I hit 300' for the first time, and that gave me the confidence to get my PDGA number the next year and start playing in tournaments.

Plus, it's fun to do an impersonation of his voice.

Those were the good ol' days, weren't they my friend?

Those were the good ol' days, weren't they my friend?

I was there to witness Ron Russell's Cyclone roller on Hudson Mills Original #4 that circled the pin at DGLO (1999?). Wasn't that like 480'? I also encountered him and a few other local pros at a picnic table at Addison Oaks just after worlds and got to congratulate him for his '99 win.

I certainly remember the Winnie Crew and got partnered up with all of them on the first card of pro-am tournaments (as the Am obviously) except Avery Jenkins. Feldberg was still an Am like me back then and I played several rounds on his cards in tourneys too. He was always nice to me.

Disc Golf saved my life back then in my turbulent twenties...

I'm tired of Brodie and Paige, but that is simply because I don't like either of them and YouTube feels like they have to feed me this content.

Hannah is cringe-worthy. You're not a vlogger/social media influencer, etc. because you married someone talented. Just stop... only the fanbois care.

What bugs me more is all the AMs in the Discraft threads saying, "I'm switching over to Discraft, what disc flies like [insert DD mold]"

Or, when I'm on the course and someone pulls my (least beat) 10 year old Challenger out of the basket and makes a comment about Paul, Brodie, or how Discraft has upped their game.

No I am just saying are the glasses he wears, are they a hinderance to his game?. Could he score lower with better fitting glasses that he can see better from? Visuals are a big part of the disc golf game. I don't care what they look like and he could be wearing glasses that are the sport safety type with strap but prescription seems like it would be a big change to help his game if they are not so scratched and fit his face better.

Well I think we can all agree that Fish needs to start wearing some Rec Specs at least:

iu

I'm tired of Brodie and Paige, but that is simply because I don't like either of them and YouTube feels like they have to feed me this content.

Hannah is cringe-worthy. You're not a vlogger/social media influencer, etc. because you married someone talented. Just stop... only the fanbois care.

What bugs me more is all the AMs in the Discraft threads saying, "I'm switching over to Discraft, what disc flies like [insert DD mold]"

Or, when I'm on the course and someone pulls my (least beat) 10 year old Challenger out of the basket and makes a comment about Paul, Brodie, or how Discraft has upped their game.

Man, you are so cool.

No. After DC staying dormant for so long I'm really enjoying all the shine they're getting. It's such an easy thing to detach from disc golf media if you're getting burnt out.

& GoldenTuna, I don't agree with everything on your recent post but I like brutal honesty....because it's funny.

No. After DC staying dormant for so long I'm really enjoying all the shine they're getting. It's such an easy thing to detach from disc golf media if you're getting burnt out.

& GoldenTuna, I don't agree with everything on your recent post but I like brutal honesty....because it's funny.

This. I have loved DC for years, and they almost seemed dead at one point. Now they seem to be blowing up, making tons of $$$, signing all sorts of interesting people and making beautiful discs. I'm stoked. Great pre-season hype.

I agree, I think we are all ready to see the season get started so we can pile on about actual play.

I have to admit I have watched it all hoping to see something interesting and yet all I am watching are more commercials for Discraft products.

It all gets rolling next weekend. Finally something with some actual disc golf.

Vegas baby......

No one is getting tired of their media. It's just the handful of people on this board that are tired of seeing all the Discraft posts.

How can you not like Paige? Brodie I guess I get, but Paige?

For admittedly petty reasons....

She was all in on the DD cult, then signed with Discraft. I thought that showed a lack of authenticity & character. ...I'm not even a DD guy!

I thought using her dad in the announcement ad was an odd marketing choice.

And, there have been a few other times where her words & actions were not aligned.

My most shallow reason is the putter tap to the head routine.

This thread is the online equivalent of spouting off the things you wish you had the courage to say to people, but never would in real life, while in the shower.

Have something to say about how you feel about Paul, Brodie, Paige, or Hannah then post it on their various social media pages and use your real name.

People are People, ask Depeche Mode.

Latest posts