• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Any ideas on what happened here?

enragedmullet

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
IMG_20240505_164028259.jpgIMG_20240505_171205951.jpgI've owned this disc for years and years now. Can't remember if it was South Alabama or Colorado where I found it, but it's definitely not a champion roadrunner. Any ideas? Maybe it's just a fluke someone was using the test a stamp?

years ago innova sometimes had double stamps as "factory seconds"

likely in this case it was wrong stamp lined up for the mold and the double stamp ensures it wont accidently make it onto store shelves

years ago innova sometimes had double stamps as "factory seconds"

likely in this case it was wrong stamp lined up for the mold and the double stamp ensures it wont accidently make it onto store shelves
Indeed! Thanks for that nugget of niche dg history!

Indeed! Thanks for that nugget of niche dg history!
if you want to nerd out further there is some old in the bags of innova pro players having some of them as well on youtube

i just cant recall who/when/where and so on with it but the treasure hunt may yield some results

I have some 145 DX Valkyrie where being so light discs were on purpose double stamped on one back to back no picture and other has an older Misprint F2 logo where stamp is more open and a lowercase f. Backups for my Dragon as in 2023 Dragons have become so grippy they are no longer even R-Pro but even more grippy and were seeming to look like staing this way until new stamp design.