• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Any pros throw the Boss?

SD86

Banned
May be the wrong arena to ask this, and I ask out of sheer curiosity: do any pros throw the Innova Boss? I'm not able to remember seeing any, but that doesn't mean someone out there isn't flinging Bosses around...

Gregg Barsby throws the boss and the scorpius (which if I recall correctly is a boss variant)

Barry Schultz had one in his last in the bag video.

How about David Wiggins Jr. ? He had a signature Boss at one time ( and a distance record with one too ) and still throws Innova.

Side question - is Destroyer the most commonly thrown Innova wide rim driver by dem pros?

Side question - is Destroyer the most commonly thrown Innova wide rim driver by dem pros?
Without going through a bunch of ITB's and player profiles on Innova's website (which hasn't been updated in ages)... I'd say its BY FAR the most common Innova high-speed driver thrown by their players.

Without going through a bunch of ITB's and player profiles on Innova's website (which hasn't been updated in ages)... I'd say its BY FAR the most common Innova high-speed driver thrown by their players.

Agreed. Climo still throws the Wraith, and a bunch of 'em throw Destroyers (not the least being the new signatory, 4peat world champ Paul McBeth), as they believe the Destroyer is the best combination of distance, control and accuracy.

I was just having trouble thinking of who threw the Boss; hence, my asking...

Thank goodness for the chuckers that like the label and the high speed :)

Hannah Leatherman said she throws one in her Smashboxx interview. Destroyer is way more prevalent.

David Feldberg

s256864487482080169_p3_i1_w500.jpeg

I heard through the grapevine that Feldberg actually threw Destroyers when he was with Innova, he just wanted his signature disc to be the Boss because he knew Innova would sell a lot of them providing him with more royalty $$$$.

Not sure if its true though.

He threw the proto bosses, which were somewhat flippy. I don't think he was ever big on throwing production bosses.

I heard through the grapevine that Feldberg actually threw Destroyers when he was with Innova, he just wanted his signature disc to be the Boss because he knew Innova would sell a lot of them providing him with more royalty $$$$.

Not sure if its true though.

He threw the proto bosses, which were somewhat flippy. I don't think he was ever big on throwing production bosses.

Feldberg was throwing green Protostar stamped EchoStar Bosses at the 2010 USDGC. He talked about how he liked a very particular run of them. They were marked a certain way on the bottom, but I don't remember exactly what that mark was. I remember that they were fairly domey, and that he pointed out that the top would "pop" if you pushed down on it.

Jason Perdue, my buddy and local pro in San Diego. Furthest throwing player I know personally. He just crushes his bosses.