• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody else's Wal Mart carrying discs?

Wordgie

Bogey Member
I haven't been to the sporting goods section of my Wal Mart in some time and was quite surprised when I came across a pretty big shelf section of DG equipment. Nothing earth shattering, only DX and Pro plastic Innova stuff, basic Innova bag and a Halex three piece starter set, but it took me by surprise. Almost picked up a domey orange Pro Destroyer in 172g.

You near Pikeville? I went the the PIAS there and couldn't believe my eyes! Ours has Innova and maybe every now and then some Discraft. This place had everything and alot of it.

I'm about 3 hours west of Pikeville. Most of my Dad's family lives near there. but I think you mean Pineville near Charlotte and yes that is a baller PIAS. The one in Winston-Salem is almost as good as Pineville. and I'm about 2 hours north of Pineville.

Steve said:
Walmarts around here carry Innova and Millennium discs. Sometimes they don't know how to price Millennium very well.

That's the way I've seen Academy do with Millennium. I've not see disc golf stuff in the Walmarts of Rock Hill, but we have a new Academy and a Dick's to get some from as well as the scattered bike shops and such with Innova discs.

The PIAS in Pineville however still has the best selection of discs I've ever seen. I believe we have the Charlotte DGC to thank for that.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention Target has one of those cheap brand 3 packs of discs, but no "real" disc golf discs. I've contemplated buying one of those just to see how they do.

Crosseyed0811 said:
Steve said:
Walmarts around here carry Innova and Millennium discs. Sometimes they don't know how to price Millennium very well.

That's the way I've seen Academy do with Millennium. I've not see disc golf stuff in the Walmarts of Rock Hill, but we have a new Academy and a Dick's to get some from as well as the scattered bike shops and such with Innova discs.

The PIAS in Pineville however still has the best selection of discs I've ever seen. I believe we have the Charlotte DGC to thank for that.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention Target has one of those cheap brand 3 packs of discs, but no "real" disc golf discs. I've contemplated buying one of those just to see how they do.

Pineville PIAS freakin' rocks!

I was in the Rock Hill Dick's over Christmas and their selection sucked. It looked like they shrunk their shelf space from the last time I had been there.

Three Walmarts close to me, and only one of them carries discs. So glad i found them because I can always use Dx Beasts and Teebirds cheap for our water hole. Also has some more overstable discs for when I get stronger or when I actually play with some wind. We have had an unreal period of relatively calm conditions, and I have not needed anything more stable than my Wildcat/Tracker/Sentinal grouping. Found it odd that they have rhyno and pig.

My local Walmart carries some DX and Pro Innovas.

Counter to the norm, our local disc golf store actually beats them on price, not to mention selection. 8)

Latest posts