• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Anybody throw a Rogue?

I am pretty sure the Rogue was the precursor to the Surge SS, Discraft molded for DGA and DGA had success with this disc so..... Surge SS. There are definite variances and the standards are not exact. I am with you though Wayne. Rogue is the Surge SS, just like the Tsunami is the Predator, just like the.... you get the idea.

Interchangeable with the Surge SS (at least the FLX I had). Not too stable, easy to anny, hyzerflip or just ease up and throw it low and flat for a straight shot.

I throw the Rogue for most of my big drives, I throw RHBH, the rim is very comfortable in the hand and the Pro Line plastic has great grip that gives me a consistent release. The Rogue for me is for my max distance drives at 310 ft. If you have a lot of snap it will go straight out, hyzer flip to the right and fade very gently about. Overall the Rogue (if throwing RHBH) will end up about 10 ft left of release point. I also use it for big turnovers. It will go very understable if you have a problem with OAT though.

i throw two Sparkle rogues....one from 2007...and a newer one from this summer. my 2007 is finally flippy whereas the new one is wraith-ish...IMO

i throw two Sparkle rogues....one from 2007...and a newer one from this summer. my 2007 is finally flippy whereas the new one is wraith-ish...IMO

Yeah the Sparkle Rogues are a whole different story, I found them to be a good hyzer disc, but it's just not my throw of choice. Plus I thought the plastic was a little slippery and hard.

Yeah the Sparkle Rogues are a whole different story, I found them to be a good hyzer disc, but it's just not my throw of choice. Plus I thought the plastic was a little slippery and hard.

my 07 is from the players cup...and its much slicker then my new 2010 version.

hhmmmm... sounds like my e-line assassin.... i have to throw it soft or PERFECT and hard.... either way its got more distance than my destroyer, however miss my release and....

I have a blue sparkle Rogue.

It's pretty.

I have a beat, dirt stained, off white, 12X max weight star Wraith.

It's an irreplaceable workhorse.