• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone else putt with a Discraft Zone?

Not many people use the Zone for putting, that is to say that some do. There is usually a reason that certain discs become more popular than others for a given role

From what I've thrown/known the Zone is not a good putting putter for most

I know a few people who putt with zones. They were all really aggressive spin putters who complained their putters went too far by with any other putter, including rhynos. They all putt alright with the zone but mostly it just masks their flaws and they've all kinda plateaued in their putting game and turned into really streaky putters.

Still Putting w That Zone?

Zones come out of the hand clean, fast and straight. Great for confident inside the circle putts. The new Dynamic Disc Suspect has knocked my Zones out my bag... Much like the Zone, slightly not as stable. As a long approach both the Zone and Prospect don't have a lot of glide so you don't have to worry about them catching wind and sailing off. Not to get off subject in addition to the Ringer you may like a Champion Dart: shallow grip, fast for a putter and straight.. My only complaint is they are very domie.

Zones come out of the hand clean, fast and straight. Great for confident inside the circle putts. The new Dynamic Disc Suspect has knocked my Zones out my bag... Much like the Zone, slightly not as stable. As a long approach both the Zone and Prospect don't have a lot of glide so you don't have to worry about them catching wind and sailing off. Not to get off subject in addition to the Ringer you may like a Champion Dart: shallow grip, fast for a putter and straight.. My only complaint is they are very domie.

Good points. Poor timing, and poor english, but good points nonetheless.

I think why switching to the zone helped the OP, is that the zone is a lot more shallow than the wizards.
Any shallow putter would helped get a cleaner release.
But that's just me guessing.
I could see where a beat pro-d zone would work ok, but not esp or cryztal.

If I'm within 80' and have anything but an ESP Zone in my hand, I'm drunk and grabbed the wrong disc.

This comment made me both laugh and really want to pick up a zone.

I don't think it'd replace my wizards for putting but it sounds like a very good approach disc.

Dion Arlyn was knocking down putts with his pro-d zones at the steilacoom open this year. He was always carrying a couple of this around.

I do on occasion especially if it's a low spin putt or a flex shot for a putt. Although all I have is Z and ESP, I don't really care for pro D plastic.

i have a buddy that puts a massive spin and snap on his putts and uses a pig. actually pretty damm accurate, but when he misses, he ends up pretty far away from the basket

I use my wizards for most of my putting duties,but when I'm close my Pro D Zone comes out,just because I don't have to think. I just point and putt and it's in the chains. :thmbup: