• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone prefer dx plastic to the premiums?

EDIT: In an unrelated note, we want to see more magic zenbot :)

tumblr_lotkfwC9HG1qcjzb1.gif

xD

I don't like dx plastic, I hit too many trees for it to be viable.

I like using DX for long distance drives on open holes. I can throw then the furthest and they have the best "s" curve IMO. People look at me weird when I pull DX discs out of my bag during a tournament round (like a who still throws DX discs looks) but oh well. I like em.

Right now I am more of a star guy. I bought a DX and Star leopard at the same time and my star leopard still flies like I want it to. My DX has tacoed a few times and evven if I try to bend it back it does not fly like it should.

I just got an older dx eagle. Love the feel of the disc, we'll see how long it lasts.

The current Grandmasters World Champion uses ONLY DX discs.

And they're all white. I'm not sure how he tells them apart ;-)

DX eagles are the knees, at least the one I got from marshall street about 1.5 years ago is. I've used it quite a bit and hit many trees and had my first minor dome warp with it yesterday and it still isn't flippy, has a nice S flight. I got one from my PIAS and it just doesn't feel as good and has a poppy dome. It seems to fly OK but I haven't thrown it that much.

Good to see prerube back in his place.

Oh, and base plastic is nice. DX Rocs especially. And this Pro-D Magnet I got the other day. Feels great and has lots of glide.

Just bought a dx leopard and a dx eagle at PIAS because I was close by and they didn't have any champs/star available today.
I was just curious if anyone actually likes the dx over the others? In general, not restricted to the eagle or leopard.

Learn to throw these and you'll be dominating. Bring them with you next time we play golf. :thmbup:

I only use baseline/pro plastic for putters and mids and only use premium for drivers. I feel I have more control with DX like plastics than premiums because of grip. However I like for my drivers to maintain flight characteristics for more than a week, so premium is the way to go for them.

Definitely DX or the glow DX for beadless aviars. DX all the way for a flip/roller disc, like a stingray, leopard, wolf.

I prefer DX or Pro-D in Eagles, Leopards, XLs and Cyclones. Basically any disc that gets flippy when beat. A controlled hyzer flip is my favorite shot. The more beat a disc is, the least amount of power needed to flip it up. That's a important shot when throwing from a stand still or when a tree is keeping you from pulling across your chest.

I love a fresh dx teebird or eagle, but they break in so quick it's just sad... I had a max weight eagle that was doing everything I hoped it would, then it took a nasty line into the asphault and after that it was completely unusable. I don't know what happened, the overall shape was good, and there weren't any significant knicks, there was a whitish looking crease right where the flight plate met the rim on top... really weird... Anyways, I only use them over water now.

Definitely DX or the glow DX for beadless aviars. DX all the way for a flip/roller disc, like a stingray, leopard, wolf.

I'm breaking in an Ontario flat Stingray right now. I just got it off eBay, those have been the best rollers for me....ever. :clap:

i love my dx teebird....it's the newer style of dx and it's slowly gotten less glossy and is breaking in woderfully!!!

If you dislike that waxy/glossy feel of new baseline plastic, try washing it in some warm dish soapy water, it's helped on a few wizards I've got.

I like every disc in my sig in baseline plastic (though i havent found a d tsunami yet). The only problem is that my stacks of comets and wasps arent to where i want them to be.
Cyclones and challengers are the two that are almost always in my bag.

Pretty discs dont fly good :|

Latest posts