• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone prefer dx plastic to the premiums?

I prefer base plastic for putters, mids, and slower fairway drivers. Though I do replace the fairway drivers with premium plastic in the winter.

I love me a DX Destroyer. They do turn more than my Stars, but they have enough stability to fight out of it when they are new. Eventually they become a long turnover drive, and then a roller disc.

This is a tough one for me because I only play wooded courses if I can help it... I used to carry bright DX discs for the tough ones because I was too inconsistent and didn't want to keep losing my good discs... I definitely found that DX flew better for me at that time though. I had a Beast and a Valk I could absolutely bomb. That Valk still holds my personal record on hole 18 at Terrace Creek. I have since drowned both of them, but I still carry a few DX discs for water holes. My recently drowned DX Orc holds my personal distance record on a slight uphill (followed closely by a DX Eagle), and my DX Teebird is a work of art. None of these discs are my go to drivers, but they're all good to have.

I can't stand dx. There's very few open courses here. I just find it a waste of money when a disc breaks down so much after 20 throws, that I have to throw at literally 20% power to get it to not flip.

^^ this.. and well maybe a dx teebird here and there.. with my noodle arm i love the flights i get from dx drivers vs premi plastic but they just dont stay there long enough for me to carry them :\

I prefer DX on my fairways only. Everybody thing else deserves the security of premium plastic against the trees. DX glide is just fantastic with fairways like Eagles, Leopards and TeeBirds. They do wear out pretty dang quickly though, unless I happen to drown them first.

DX absolutely has its purposes--putting and turnover shots being a few of the main ones. DX is great-feeling plastic, but it's not made to last a long time. It wears in (gets "beat in") and loses stability faster than premium plastics. That said, most pros use a version of DX plastic for putting.

Latest posts