• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Ape

All I know is that every ape I have ever thrown has turned and burned into a headwind. There is a reason not many people carry the ape, and why they never made it in different plastics.

:thmbup: The second part of your quote is very true. Some people get lost in how many molds Innova makes. Just pay attention to the ones that they make in several plastic types. That usually means that it's a winner.

I've owned two Apes, and both were actually more OS than my Nuke OS. They're great in a headwind and are pretty much useless for anything else.

Since they're made by Innova, I don't doubt for a second that there are some that will turn an burn in a headwind. Mine are pure beef though.

With so many Giant recommendations, I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out...

Last edited:
Once again, asked a simple question what people think of the disc? And what does it take to answer the question w/ 10 links? Or a snyde remark about starting a thread on the disc?

Thanks for the feedback for those who actually gave an opinion, to the others why waste your time commenting if this thread bothers you? If I deemed my disc knowledge not worthy of a response I wouldn't respond. It's very simple, you opened the thread, and you typed. I don't care if there are a million ape threads, I wanted an up-to-date opinion, not worthy of all the drama you queens.

Mine is crazy overstable. I use it exclusively for huge skips, escape shots, and forehand rollers. I love it as a utility disc, and it rolls very well, but it's not comfortable in my hand when backhanding a normal drive.

I wanted an up-to-date opinion, not worthy of all the drama you queens.

I mean it's not like apes are dynamic. A review on an ape from 3 months ago is going to be the same as it is now. And you can just go ask your pointless question in the existing ape threads and get responses that way. Or you can throw it and formulate your own opinion on it.

I found an ape when I first started playing and put it away for about 3 months. I decided to try and throw it again the other day, thinking that I might be able to make it fly now that I was a little more experienced. That mo fo is still crazy over-stable. It takes the sharpest dive I've ever seen a disc do. I mean the angle on this thing looks almost vertical when it spikes to the ground. Also, I thought I already had my over-stable disc for heavy head wind situations but my destroyer turned quite a bit the other day. I'm going to test this champion ape next time it's windy in my town. Perhaps then I'll be able to find use for this thing.

The ape I have is basically a faster firebird. I liked it but pop top destroyers are better.

Once again, asked a simple question what people think of the disc? And what does it take to answer the question w/ 10 links? Or a snyde remark about starting a thread on the disc?

Thanks for the feedback for those who actually gave an opinion, to the others why waste your time commenting if this thread bothers you? If I deemed my disc knowledge not worthy of a response I wouldn't respond. It's very simple, you opened the thread, and you typed. I don't care if there are a million ape threads, I wanted an up-to-date opinion, not worthy of all the drama you queens.

People were trying to help you understand how these forums work, clearly you don't really care.

And guess how long it took me to link all of those threads? 30 seconds, because there are a million threads about apes.

If you comment on a thread, it literally brings it to the front page just like when you create a new one. Functionally, creating a new one has no effect except it has less information and now there is redundancy.

No need to get sassy when people explain to you how a forum works. If you just want to post the same thing over and over again, use facebook.

People were trying to help you understand how these forums work, clearly you don't really care.

And guess how long it took me to link all of those threads? 30 seconds, because there are a million threads about apes.

If you comment on a thread, it literally brings it to the front page just like when you create a new one. Functionally, creating a new one has no effect except it has less information and now there is redundancy.

No need to get sassy when people explain to you how a forum works. If you just want to post the same thing over and over again, use facebook.

I realized that this response was a little pissy but it was too late to edit it. I think it's just frustrating because you are looking for information that already exists but you would rather create a new thread than search. The forums really do work better when threads are consolidated. But, with how you responded there is no nice way to explain that to you.

I apologize if my responses have been rude. I'll say this and let it be. It is really helpful to look for threads and post in them before creating a new one. If you post a reply it will bump it to the front page and your comment will most likely be the first one people read.

Agreed!

And if it is an older thread that suggests you can't post just click the button saying that you recognize that it is old and want to post anyway.

None of the older threads actually prevent people from posting although a message might pop up

05750456_10022868_xlarge.png

Latest posts