• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are the Wizard's days as the official DGR putter over?

I've been feeling like a has-been as a Wizard thrower, so yes, the Wizard's days as the official DGR putter are over. There are too many options for beaded putters in your plastic of choice for any one putter to stay on top.

I still think Gateway has the best assortment of putters - they cover all bases in any plastic you could want, but new guys are coming out with new putters and, let's face it, the putter is the safest bet. Doesn't have to go that far, just need to be able to putt with it. If you can drive with it, you garner more fans. Plus, they've had the benefit of checking out Gateway's success and looking at the dominant models.

I think Gateway sort of drove the wizard out of the market a bit by squeezing out 3 more models. Now you don't need beat wizards, you can pick up a new warlock/voodoo/magic to fill that slot.

This is kind of interesting, because I JUST started using a wizard. Switched to them from KC Pro Aviars. Maybe they are similar discs, but the Wizard has filled that slot as my upshot putter really nicely. I guess I'm slow to catch on.

In a couple more years, I might even discover Destroyers!

SDGC got an order of Glow Wizards, Magics, Warlocks and Voodoos...

I can honestly tell you - WIZARDS are not dead as a seller

I have a nice little stock of red OG Wizards and I intend on using each one until they are dead.

I still have the first 2 I ever bought as my all purpose putters. The plastic lasts forever, holds its shape wonderfully, not too glidey but just glidey enough, amazing grip, and even smells nice too. :)

Gateway_Organic_Wizard_Red_Thrower_Stock.jpg

Nice I would kill for some red organics. Organic is my favorite plastic but I don't drive with them because all I can find is that split pea green that absolutely disappears in foliage. Ok for putting, not so much anything else.

Yea I like the stiff ones for driving.

Try out a Superglow for driving. The plastic is nice and stiff but has a way better grip than the Medium Flex. They do tend to beat in a bit quicker, though.

yea-one of the 10 I am selling in the above link says organic on the bottom in handwriting, but all 10 feel/are the same.