• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag

Dennis1

Hey, got bored at work and figured I'd throw my bag up here for criticism/advice.
Lately I've been discing down, playing a lot of rounds with just putters/mids and tried to keep the number of molds down.

This is about what I have in my bag at the moment.

Putters
  • S Wizard – Main putter, short turnover drives
    RFF Wizard – Approaches
    Soft Neutron Ion – Driving putter, backup putter
Mids
  • Zero Hård Mace – Beat up, understable
    Gold Line Mace – Stable
    Gold Line Pain – Overstable

FW Drivers
  • Old DX Eagle (ca. 1999) – Beat up, understable
    Glow DX Eagle – Worn, understable/stable
    10x KC Pro Eagle – Stable/overstable
    Star Whippet X – Very overstable , utility shots

Distance Drivers

• Champion Boss (pre flight-numbers) - Forehand drives

Not in the bag – Discs I can't seem to make up my mind on and others:
  • Elite X Comet – Flies straight, floats for days. Love to throw this in tailwinds, doesn't get much use other than that.
    DX XD – One of my favorite discs, if I had to choose only one disc to play with this would probably be it. The reason I've been leaving it out is to simplify my disc selection process as it does everything but longer drives.
    Star Gator – Utility mid, took it out when I added the Pain.
    Star Orc – Orc is in the bag, orc is out of the bag, can't explain that. I should probably put it back in.
    MVP Amp and Volt – these fell out when I started throwing the eagles, might go back in for the winter as all my eagles are white.

I'm planning to get more Zero Hård Maces to cycle through and drop the Gold Line since I like the ZH plastic better. Ideally I'd like to carry at least 3 of them in different stages, beat up, broken in and a fresh one.

I've been trying to score a CE eagle for an overstable fairway, haven't had any luck on ebay so far with all listings closing at 3 am my time and people outbidding me a minute before. A new champ eagle might do the trick, but there's something about the old CE plastic that just feels so much better.

Great bag. How far are you throwing those Eagles? I envy your backhand if a speed 7 disc is enough to cover all of your long distance drives.

I have had the same experience with the Gator and Orc. The Gator will stay in the bag if I ever commit to practicing my forehand. Orc came out in favor of the PD or QOLF.

Thanks, but I wouldn't be too envious about my arm speed. There aren't a whole lot of holes on my local courses that need a long distance throw, and the few ones that are 400+ ft don't have a lot of room to work with. I throw the eagles for around 300-330 ft usually, mids 250-300 ft and putters below that. If I need a long drive and the available lines allow it I'll usually crank out the Boss on a forehand which I can get out closer to 400 ft on a good throw.

Max distance is something I haven't really been thinking about lately, instead I've been trying to push my distance with putters and mids out further. I'm not very fond of wide rims for my backhand either, I even had troubles adjusting to the rim on the eagles after only playing with mids for awhile.

A long distance driver is something my bag is lacking, but I've figured I'd be better off working on getting the eagles out further instead of going for the warp speed stuff.

Looks like you've got a good core of discs you're comfortable with.

How about a regular Ion (non-soft) for a driving putter. Personally, I never liked driving with the soft discs, just putting.

Also, maybe a Banshee or a XXX to replace the Whippet. These have good utility, fight the wind and for me had more overall use than crazy OS discs.

Lastly, the Volt can make a nice distance driver (if you're like me and don't throw with a huge arm). It has good control, goes further than an Eagle, and can handle some lines.

I do have a normal neutron Ion but I kinda prefer the softer one, it just feels better in my hand. It's still fairly firm, the softness is mainly noticeable in the flight plate. The harder one also is a touch more overstable compared to the soft.

I like the whippet, it mostly gets used for shorter forehand drives and getting out of trouble type shots. However I've been working on switching over to the eagles for the former to work on a cleaner release and rely more on my throw and less on the disc. It doesn't get much use, but when I don't have it with me I often end up wishing I did.

Yeah, the Volt is a nice disc and it'll likely go back in the bag along with the Amp after it gets snowy around here so I don't lose my eagles.

I've deliberately tried to keep my discs in the bag to a minimum to streamline my thought process when selecting a disc for a particular shot. I have some issues with staying focused while playing and I've noticed the less variables I have to consider the better I do.

May i suggest a Beast for non wide rim going almost as far as the fastest discs with way less fade and way lower power requirement with less nose angle sensitivity. Hugely longer than the Eagles. Where do you play that has such short holes? Many Finnish courses are so new that there are long holes. Helsingistä päivää vaan.

Hmm, I might have to try Beasts. I've thrown a them couple times but never with much thought.

Vaasassa päin asustelen, ja jonkun verran tulee muaallakin Pohjanmaalla kierreltyä.
Tässä radat mitä tulee eniten heiteltyä: Arboretum, Ristinummi