• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

Thanks rj, I did check out Flag's league website.... color me impressed. Things are slow to happen here in Prescott, like to be coming up there soon(ish).

You can do it hammer! Get that PT and do some good stretches, my wife has a wreck of a back too and we refuse to have her vertebrae fused.

I feel your pain hammer, i got 3 buldging disc and 1 ruptured thats causes sciatica. I have avoided surgery so far, the key is stretching, stretching, stretching!

MAN!!! We are a bunch of old and crustys!! I have two arthritic knees and degenerative arthritis in my throwing shoulder. Good thing for me my throw is 95% wrist or I could not play.
This thread needs an orthopedic doctor!!

I feel your pain hammer, i got 3 buldging disc and 1 ruptured thats causes sciatica. I have avoided surgery so far, the key is stretching, stretching, stretching!

Chadillac sent me a video of stretches to do. I think they are helping, but I'm no where near able to play. So frustrating! I'm supposed to play TOP in two weeks. I'll be just trying to finish and not take DFL at this rate.

Yeah, we are all broken down old men. So sad, so pathetic. Ha!

Chadillac sent me a video of stretches to do. I think they are helping, but I'm no where near able to play. So frustrating! I'm supposed to play TOP in two weeks. I'll be just trying to finish and not take DFL at this rate.

Yeah, we are all broken down old men. So sad, so pathetic. Ha!

Nah the broken down men are the ones that give up, im in pain everytime i play but that hasnt stopped me. Rub sum dirt on it and STFU lol thats how i was raised. That being said, make sure u listen to your body cause when it comes to your back, you can make it a hell of a lot worse very easily.

Last time i saw ya it looked like u were in pretty good shape (dont worry im not flirting, or am i ;) lol ). With all kidding aside, i think if u keep playing in pain your gonna have to give it a break for a while. Let ur muscles heal and the swelling calm down, when u have back pain, thats meens your body is locking up the muscles around your spine so u dont cause more damage. So your pain is a WARNING from your body to take it easy.

I ignored the pain and 1 day it went away, but then my leg went numb and felt like it was full of needles and set on fire. I started having problems urinating, and could barely stand for 2 minutes. I know this is prolly TMI, but ur core/spine/back is nuthin to f**k with.

So i would say dont give up but make sure ur paying attention to what ur body is doing. 3 cortizone shots later and i can move and run and play about 75% of what i used to, and if i keep up my conditioning i think i can get to 90% which would be huge for me.

Just be careful, nerve pain is a B!TCH, and i havnt found a med that fixes it.

I looked it up, and it sounds like a sleep aid. It helps with your back?[/QUOTE]

good for your muscles - it is a magnesium supplement

I'm itching to play Red Mountain/North. It'd be my first time there, any one want to play/guide early this week(Tuesday/Wednesday)?

I'm itching to play Red Mountain/North. It'd be my first time there, any one want to play/guide early this week(Tuesday/Wednesday)?

Course is brutal in the heat. Did you ever end up playing RM North? If so, you're braver than I. :clap:

Desert courses are brutal in the summer. I heard that some of the baskets at Red Mountain were vandalized and some of the holes are temporarily not playable.

Desert courses are brutal in the summer. I heard that some of the baskets at Red Mountain were vandalized and some of the holes are temporarily not playable.

Random post:

The first week they were open to the public, I was playing the North course and left a disc on a previous hole. By the time I had turned around to retrieve said disc, some dude on a pitbike (50cc) came buzzing thru the area, saw my disc and stopped to pick it up, then rode away. I watched from a few hundred feet away and I couldn't believe my eyes. F*cker took my seasoned, go-to driver to top it off. Clearly written on the disc was my number, PDGA #, and initials....never received a call. If I ever see that dude again, which is highly unlikely but he was very recognisable, there's going to be a "confrontation."

Course is brutal in the heat. Did you ever end up playing RM North? If so, you're braver than I. :clap:

Just got back from the family reunion in Minnesota 'don't you know'. No, I didn't get to play RM North. My plane landed in Mesa on Sunday night only to hear of the tragedy in Yarnell. I blew off the plan to play RMN and sped up here to see if there was anything I could do. There wasn't and isn't. This entire town is numb with mourning.

I'll be down in the valley of the sun this weekend if anyone wants to lead Red Mountain North. I'm a early bird, which definitely has it's advantages during the hot months, but I'll play anytime. Any takers? Leaders? I'll buy the first round at the nineteenth hole. If not I'll be playing Buffalo Ridge and/or Conocido or somewhere down there... I'm not NOT playing disc golf while I'm down there. Fountain Hills maybe...? Bueller? Bueller?

I would def join you but this week/end I'm in iowa for my gf's family reunion. This small town has a decent 9hole course I just played alongside some of her fam, which was entertaining to say the least. Plus, I got to show off a little! =D

You should consider playing Fiesta Lakes while you're in the valley. Its a great course, lots of fun, and lots of shade so playing at 6ish is no problem.

I just might at that. Read the reviews(all two of them), sounds nice... almost too nice. I'm up for the challenge, in that I'll probably get my ass handed to me on the long tees, be over par by double digits, lose my favorite disc(s) to the hazards and still have a blast.

Fiesta lakes is a pretty great course, especially this time of year. The combination of grass, and huge shade trees make it feel about 20 degrees cooler than anywhere else in the valley. I'd love to join you, but I haven't been able to play due to injury.

Latest posts