• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Attaching tags/towels to bags. Thoughts?

I personally like Bar Towels, or Small Towels that I can just throw in between my discs. If I'm keeping my bag dry then they seem to stay dry. When it does rain you can simply weave them into the mechanics of your umbrella so they stay dry there too. No clipping needed.

Towels clipped to the bag, dragging in the dirt make no sense to me. Why bother to have a towel if it is filthy?

Why are some golf towels white? So they can look clean for the first time they are used and never again?

Bag tags are a pain. Normally I avoid these things but I got talked into 3 bag tag competitions this summer. I don't care about the few bucks it cost to join in, it is just too much stuff dangling from the bag. Oh, and the tags don't actually mean anything. If you win the #1 tag it is only bragging rights, no payouts. Every league I play I am expected to wait til the last group rolls in just to exchange tags.

I'm one that can't stand a towel dragging on the ground. If I'm gonna be using it a bunch, I clip my towel to my belt loop, otherwise it's tucked in the bag.

grommet tool can add a grommet anywhere on your bag or on a strap. i say do this and clip it to the bag. i don't like the towel hanging from my waist but i also haven't done this yet so i basically just stuff the towel in the bag pockets and deal with not using it as much as i should.

I think you'd be replacing the velcro every few months.

We'll see. I got some industrial strength velcro and put it on last night. The adhesive seems to hold on to the bag fine. Kinda nice not having my dgcr tag not jingle and bounce around like crazy all the time.

Still not sure what I want to do with my towel, that grommet idea sounds pretty good, can't believe I didn't think of that. :doh: