• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Attention all backpack owners!

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Hello all, we all know there are a ton of backpack owners DG brand or not. This message is directed to the DFW Texas disc golfers with backpack. I would like to try an gather a Grip owner, a pro discus owner, a spinal tap owner, when it is released, an ergo owner, when it is released, a cabelas xpg owner, a flak owner, a mahal owner and any other backpack bags i didnt mention. I have the physical flight contender covered. I want to gather these bags and do a full comparison, side by side by side by side... Etc. to post here on DGCR to archive and inform all potential future disc golf backpack owners. I would like to organize this between MAY 16 and JUNE 10. If you are in the dfw area and own one of these bags or have pre ordered a spinal tap or ergo, comment below! I really would love to organize this!

Finally !

It's about time someone pulls all the bags together , I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out ! You would think a manufacturer would buy one of each and reverse engineer the ULTIMATE pack ! But I'm sure they all think theirs is the greatest !

Up here in the Great White North , I've only seen the Grip . I've built one from a skateboard pack , then built a Cabelas which fell apart and is on it's way home to Cabelas . I'm back to my skateboard pack , which is WAY more comfortable than the Cabelas but not big enough . And the Cabelas wasn't really big enough either .

My Contender should be here Monday , but I didn't read the fine print and realize that the Digi Camo is NOT the same material as the other packs , and sounds like it could be fragile and not last very long :wall:.

So , it would also be interesting to see if other manufacturers cheap out on other patterned materials ! You may want to compare patterned materials from the other manufacturers too .

Looking froward to the results , even though it's too late for me , I'm gonna be stuck with what I've ordered !

^ You could always ship yours back, can you not? Even if you take a slight loss, it's still better than being stuck with a terrible bag (if that's what you deem it)

I'm in DFW and will have a Flak3 whenever they are released. My good buddy is also in DFW and has a Spinal Tap pre-ordered. I'm down to meet up after I get my bag. I'll let my buddy know once we know more details.

Oh B3nder !

B3nder , you always seem to show up , would love to throw a few rounds in your town !

I'm not giving up on it , just nervous about other reports on the digi camo being fragile and it's cost me $35 for delivery , so yeah I'm stuck with it !

I'm gonna be pimpin' til the duct tape comes out , but being a ski bum first and foremost , I know my way around the roll !

Duct tape , yeah , shoulda thought of that ! A custom duct tape disc golf pack !
That's gonna make a good video ! How to build your own duct tape disc golf pack ! And duct tape comes in colors and patterns now ! Wow , might have to blast down to Texas for this pack shoot out !

Wait for that thread ! Custom duct tape disc golf packs !

^ You could always ship yours back, can you not? Even if you take a slight loss, it's still better than being stuck with a terrible bag (if that's what you deem it)

The bag comes with a lifetime warranty, idk why everyone is complaining so much about the camo yes it is lighter but the bag is still covered should anything happen, but lets just leave it a that, good to know i have Two volunteers already!

yessss this is awesome! worst mistake i made this year was buying a gorilla boy chimp,although its a great bag i wish i would of bought a backpack

I've got a modded Cabellas bag. Let me know the details if you want to make use of it!

The bag comes with a lifetime warranty, idk why everyone is complaining so much about the camo yes it is lighter but the bag is still covered should anything happen, but lets just leave it a that, good to know i have Two volunteers already!

Sorry for the almost thread drift. :eek: I look forward to seeing your final review on all the backpacks regardless :thmbup:

Sorry for the almost thread drift. :eek: I look forward to seeing your final review on all the backpacks regardless :thmbup:

Now worries bender, and thanks! Hopefully dfw is big enough to where i can gather all these bags an their owners in one place

Sounds cool. I just got the DD Ranger bag Friday. So far it's been awesome. Let me know when and where.

Awesome idea and I can't wait for the results. I got the cash and can pull the trigger at anytime, but there's so many choices out there. I'm patient and will wait for your all-encompassing review. Once I make my choice, a disc golf bag company will likely have you to thank for my business.

I will be in DFW the first two weeks in May, and will be at the Z Boaz. I have a Mahal if you need one.