• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin to Tucson, Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, Huntington Beach, San Diego, Phoenix

MoonT4

Birdie Member
Leaving on April 18th heading to Reno for a bowling tournament and going to play some courses along the way. Current plans have us arriving in Maran (Tucson) area around 4-5 PM on the 18th, might attempt a round that evening or early the next morning before heading to Vegas for the night then a round in Vegas on the morning of the 20th before heading on to Reno.

After a few days in Reno, going to leave Reno Thursday the 25th and head to Sacramento for a round before leaving for Huntington Beach. Look to play HB that evening or the next morning before heading down to San Diego. Hang in SD for a day before heading back home, stopping on the way in Phoenix area.

If you interested in showing us a course or simply joining us for a round, hit me up.

Shady Oaks, Rocklin and Auburn are all good courses in the greater Sacramento area.

Maybe this pertains to you, maybe it doesn't....maybe you're not even going I-10.......But beware of border checkpoints.

When you're driving from Reno to Sac., get on the 20 about 25 miles west of Truckee. Take it to Grass Valley. Play Condon Park. Take the 20 another 10 miles west and play Hanging Oaks in Penn Valley. Take the 20 east back to Grass Valley and get on the 49 south. About 20 miles south is Auburn Regional Park. Play there and then get back on the 49 south. Go 5 miles or so and get back on the 80 west. You won't be sorry.

Current plans have us arriving in Maran (Tucson) area around 4-5 PM on the 18th, might attempt a round that evening or early the next morning

Check for possible flooding at Marana Rock. Generally only happens in monsoon months, but ya never know.

When you get to Phoenix you MUST check out Buffalo Ridge! The premier 27 hole desert course in Arizona, nay the US!!
Go to azdisc.org for details!

When you're driving from Reno to Sac., get on the 20 about 25 miles west of Truckee. Take it to Grass Valley. Play Condon Park. Take the 20 another 10 miles west and play Hanging Oaks in Penn Valley. Take the 20 east back to Grass Valley and get on the 49 south. About 20 miles south is Auburn Regional Park. Play there and then get back on the 49 south. Go 5 miles or so and get back on the 80 west. You won't be sorry.

I friend in Reno, is taking us to Penn Valley and Grass Valley on Sunday or Wednesday, I will ask him about Auburn Regional, maybe we hit that one up the same day.

If you interested in joining the round, let me know via a private message and I will give you my cell and or get yours to inform you of when we are going.

Thanks for suggestions.

Skip the Reno courses and drive 30 mins to Tahoe for much better golf. Hit me up if you want a guide or whatnot.

EP, hey man, the Reno courses I was referring to are the Tahoe courses actually. I spoke with you a few years ago my first trip out that way but you were unable to join the round.

Last time out, we played three courses North Shore of Lake, Truckee, Sierra College and one other, can't remember the name on Sunday, then three South Shore of Lake on Wednesday, Zephyr, Bijou and Turtle Rock.

Would be great if you could hook up with us this year for a round or more.

Maybe this pertains to you, maybe it doesn't....maybe you're not even going I-10.......But beware of border checkpoints.

Yes heading out I-10, border check points shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for warning though.

EP, hey man, the Reno courses I was referring to are the Tahoe courses actually. I spoke with you a few years ago my first trip out that way but you were unable to join the round.

Last time out, we played three courses North Shore of Lake, Truckee, Sierra College and one other, can't remember the name on Sunday, then three South Shore of Lake on Wednesday, Zephyr, Bijou and Turtle Rock.

Would be great if you could hook up with us this year for a round or more.

I'll be around and playing for sure. The conditions and weather have been perfect. I'll pm my #.

If it's on a weekend I may be able to do that.
BTW, how many is "us"? Or did I just miss that?

Us would be 4, myself, two brother in laws and my mom who is going along for the trip. Will be her first ever road trip, something she always wanted to do and since my sted dad passed Christmas morning 2011, she is doing alot of things she always wanted to do.

PM your number and I will give you a call when we headed that way, to see if you could join us for a round.

Vacation is finally here. Only 10 more minutes left of work and then a round at the local course EAST METRO in Manor, TX, then home to finalize packing and leave out for Tucson at 5 AM tomorrow morning, will be close to Marana by this time tomorrow.

If you plan on playing anything around Sacramento pm me and I will meet you guys for a round. Shady Oaks in Orangevale is the best course in the immediate area, followed by Auburn Regional and Rocklin. Also when you are playing Hanging Oaks there is a nice 9 hole just west of there in Browns Valley: Hammon Grove. One of the better 9's I've played and not too far from Hanging Oaks so if you have time it's worth hitting up.

Played some spectacular courses. Some rounds were great while others were just fair but the courses were great. So far on this trip hit Marana Rock then played Sunset Park in Vegas. Once arriving here in Reno we played Dayton and Turtle Rock on Sunday and Zephyr Cove on Monday then yesterday Wednesday played Grass Valley and Penn Valley. Will be leaving Reno within the hour and either heading to Sacramento or Huntington.

Latest posts