• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

Right now I bagging an aviarx3, Star aviar3, and a beat dx aviar3 and I'm really liking the combo. They glide pretty well. Definitely not a brick out of the hand, but still a predictable strong fading finish

How's the aviarx3 compared to a harp?

OK, I'll definitely say the aviarx3 is what I thought the aviar3 would be. If you are looking for a disk you can throw power flex shots with, keep looking.

I've been trying to think of a good example, for me it's almost like the difference in a PD and a firebird. a PD is "overstable" but if you try and mash it on a flex line, it won't come out. I'd say aviarx3 is to zone as PD is to firebird. I threw some straight flat shots and it hyzered out every time. I also threw some FH hyzers and got skip out of every one with the aviarx3. However, I don't think this disc even belongs in the same convo as a Zone.

I am REALLY excited about this disc. I've been wanting a disc for a long time that I can throw 150 flat shots or hyzered shots and know it will fade out, this is that disc. This disc is OS enough that I wouldn't worry about throwing it straight in windy conditions.

I only got some work in the yard with limited distance but I am very excited about this disc. I throw putters a lot so I think I'll probably end up with Glo Z Zone -> proto aviarx3 -> star aviar3 -> yeti aviar as my throwing putters.

OK, I'll definitely say the aviarx3 is what I thought the aviar3 would be. If you are looking for a disk you can throw power flex shots with, keep looking.

I've been trying to think of a good example, for me it's almost like the difference in a PD and a firebird. a PD is "overstable" but if you try and mash it on a flex line, it won't come out. I'd say aviarx3 is to zone as PD is to firebird. I threw some straight flat shots and it hyzered out every time. I also threw some FH hyzers and got skip out of every one with the aviarx3. However, I don't think this disc even belongs in the same convo as a Zone.

I am REALLY excited about this disc. I've been wanting a disc for a long time that I can throw 150 flat shots or hyzered shots and know it will fade out, this is that disc. This disc is OS enough that I wouldn't worry about throwing it straight in windy conditions.

I only got some work in the yard with limited distance but I am very excited about this disc. I throw putters a lot so I think I'll probably end up with Glo Z Zone -> proto aviarx3 -> star aviar3 -> yeti aviar as my throwing putters.

Thanks for the review. The AX3 sounds really good. I'm looking forward to trying it. My wallet is crying already.

I recently acquired a blizz champ pig and have been loving it. Does the Aviar x3 have the same dumpy vertical fade as the pig or is it more sweeping?

I'd say its more sweeping, the blizz champ pig seems like it can handle more torque.. I flick it really hard and it doesn't turn over at all on me.. The AX3 gets a little wobbly out of my hand when I flick it hard.. all in all I think I'm sticking with the pig.

The Ax3 is a super nice throwing putter but it is no where near the stability of my r-pro pig. It's definitely stable, but not that stable. Still really like it. Nice hand feel

I recently acquired a blizz champ pig and have been loving it. Does the Aviar x3 have the same dumpy vertical fade as the pig or is it more sweeping?

I'd say its more sweeping, the blizz champ pig seems like it can handle more torque.. I flick it really hard and it doesn't turn over at all on me.. The AX3 gets a little wobbly out of my hand when I flick it hard.. all in all I think I'm sticking with the pig.

I knew as soon as I heard Dave Dunipace proclaim that it was the best forehand putter ever made that it wasn't.

I knew as soon as I heard Dave Dunipace proclaim that it was the best forehand putter ever made that it wasn't.

Super OS discs like the bliz pig or a firebird can mask an over torque or early release with ease. I wouldn't discredit the AVX3 too quickly. The throw you need to put on a bliz pig is much different than the AVX3.

Super OS discs like the bliz pig or a firebird can mask an over torque or early release with ease. I wouldn't discredit the AVX3 too quickly. The throw you need to put on a bliz pig is much different than the AVX3.

I think this is a good summary. I've been throwing mine a ton for upshots. However, I will never get rid of my zone purely because of how much it can mask misrelease. It's nice to have something you can chuck and you know what it is going to do.

I've been throwing the AVX3 off the tee a lot and I really like it. Do not throw it like a zone/harp/pig. If you can't forehand neutral putters (standard aviar, judge etc) you probably won't like forehanding this.

I think this is a good summary. I've been throwing mine a ton for upshots. However, I will never get rid of my zone purely because of how much it can mask misrelease. It's nice to have something you can chuck and you know what it is going to do.

I've been throwing the AVX3 off the tee a lot and I really like it. Do not throw it like a zone/harp/pig. If you can't forehand neutral putters (standard aviar, judge etc) you probably won't like forehanding this.

What about Rhynos?

If I were to speculate I'd guess they might tweak it to be a bit more OS for regular production. If they're going for an alternative to a Zone or Harp type stability. It's still a nice disc as it is. Reliable fade. Have to see how it breaks in after a few months or so.

Latest posts