• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Crave VS Mvp Volt

DavidHedvin

Bogey Member
I bag both, but it seems like they are pretty same distance?

I have just thrown gyro for 2 months and need some inputs on what you think about Crave vs Volt.

Its seems like Volts is a must have but maybe its just overlap. The simplicity of the bag's certainly preferable Fewer molds. You do not want to have too many molds to choose from.

Which do you prefer?
Which is the longest? Some say that crave are just 20 feet away from the volts.
What is the most stable?
Should i bag both?

Fairway Drivers right now:

Proton Inspire
Neutron Crave
Plasma Amp
Fission Volt
Plasma Volt
Proton Volt
Neutron Shock

I prefer volts for open field throws up to 380, craves for line shaping. Craves bomb but I find volts more stable and accurate in the open field. Crave kicked the volt out of my bag (I don't really like carrying many discs, at all) but since I threw my Crave into the drink :)wall:) I shape lines with my Inspire/Resistor, and use the volt for the go-to shots

I prefer volts for open field throws up to 380, craves for line shaping. Craves bomb but I find volts more stable and accurate in the open field. Crave kicked the volt out of my bag (I don't really like carrying many discs, at all) but since I threw my Crave into the drink :)wall:) I shape lines with my Inspire/Resistor, and use the volt for the go-to shots

Same here, dont want to carry to many molds. Thats why i want to go with crave instead of volts.

Also have inspire:thmbup:

Same here, dont want to carry to many molds. Thats why i want to go with crave instead of volts.

Also have inspire:thmbup:

Yeah I actually do prefer the crave to the volt... I just really don't like spending a lot of money either ;)

Crave kicked the Volt out of my bag. For my arm, the Crave is just as long but can do more. It's stable enough for a pretty stiff headwind, yet can still be used as a turnover when needed.

I'm all for simplicity myself. I've dropped down to carrying 2 Craves, 2 Relays, a XXX, Theory, Harp, 2 Envies and 2 Proxies in my big bag. In my small bag I just carry a Crave, Relay, Theory, Harp, Envy.

As far as straight drivers go, I kept adding molds I liked as MVP / Axiom released them, to where at one point I bagged Craves, Volts, Wraths, and Photons. Had to dial it back a bit. Dropped Volts and only carried Photons on longer courses, otherwise I stuck with the Crave / Wrath combo, plus US and OS compliments to each. Feels wrong not having Volts in the bag, but my worn Resistor / fresh Crave / Any Wrath handles the straight to fade line with ease, so having a fourth mold covering the same line didn't make sense to me. Craves bomb and Wraths do well enough powered down. So for now the Volt is on the shelf. Holding on to a stack of them in case I bag them again down the road because its an incredible mold. Hell I'm still sitting on some QOLFs :p

Bag the one that you like better in the hand

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

As far as straight drivers go, I kept adding molds I liked as MVP / Axiom released them, to where at one point I bagged Craves, Volts, Wraths, and Photons. Had to dial it back a bit. Dropped Volts and only carried Photons on longer courses, otherwise I stuck with the Crave / Wrath combo, plus US and OS compliments to each. Feels wrong not having Volts in the bag, but my worn Resistor / fresh Crave / Any Wrath handles the straight to fade line with ease, so having a fourth mold covering the same line didn't make sense to me. Craves bomb and Wraths do well enough powered down. So for now the Volt is on the shelf. Holding on to a stack of them in case I bag them again down the road because its an incredible mold. Hell I'm still sitting on some QOLFs :p

This is my idea, to also run Crave / Wrath combo instead and use the INSPIRE as US and resistor Olympics. And will also retain the Shock as a longer OS. :thmbup: :)

How much turn do you get of craves? I get zero turn with my power :)

I bag both, but it seems like they are pretty same distance?

I have just thrown gyro for 2 months and need some inputs on what you think about Crave vs Volt.

Its seems like Volts is a must have but maybe its just overlap. The simplicity of the bag's certainly preferable Fewer molds. You do not want to have too many molds to choose from.

Which do you prefer?
Which is the longest? Some say that crave are just 20 feet away from the volts.
What is the most stable?
Should i bag both?

Fairway Drivers right now:

Proton Inspire
Neutron Crave
Plasma Amp
Fission Volt
Plasma Volt
Proton Volt
Neutron Shock

OP , have you tried an advanced search through http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102453 , while searching for the keyword Volt? You're sure to find some good information that way too

Volts are obviously better when it comes in all of the plastic options :)

Really just a 9 speed vs 7 speed thing. I could use either disc but like my volt and they are more commonly found in slightly OS versions when brand new which season into the crave like lazer fligzht forna longggggggggg time. Fission is fun too plus electron volts this year? Welp!

The only plastic the Volt is in that the Crave is not, is fission, which only gets the Volt down to Crave weight ranges. Electron will be the only difference when released, but not enough to change my mind. Craves are the best driver MVP/Axiom makes.

I just assumed Volts were a bit longer. I never really gave the Crave a chance after losing my first one only early on. Clash has been back in the bag though and starting to really like it.

I have a volt that I bought used and change in and out of my bag regularly. I also bought a new 175g Neutron Crave and just haven't used it a lot. I wish that I had bought one in the 165g weight range or so.

Latest posts