• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Clash

Option 3, from Kansas, gradually moved south, has nothing to do with team colors, I just hate orange as a color, throw primarily blue because I'm red/green color blind so blue pops for me.

I got to throw a Clash for the first time today. It is like the eagle that I have been wanting but couldn't find. Every flat eagle I've pick up recently has been an overstable brick. The 172 Clash was flipping up from a slight hyzer and going a long way before fading hard. I was also able to throw some nice forehand flex shots with it.

Lost my Clash yesterday to a muddy creek. I'm a little sad because it was new, but I'm not exactly going to miss it. I threw it on a hole that skirts the water overhanging a cliff. When I threw it, I thought, man, that was exactly the throw I wanted. It was headed straight at the little peninsula that the basket sits on with plenty of velocity to get there, and very little wind to interfere. Then it just started losing altitude and before it got there, hit the edge of the cliff, toppled, and slowly rolled down into the murky water.

Talk about no glide. I usually throw my xXx on that hole and it stays up all the way across the water no problem. This is the first MVP disc that I have really noticed the lack of glide on.

Who is throwing these? The servo and clash are two discs from MVP/Axiom I haven't had much time with. Good molds just no need really from what I've seen. Clash felt a little weird in the hand. thoughts?

Don't throw the Clash but love the Servo! The normal ones anyway. I've seen some that are board flat with very high PLH. The Servo, IME, is a true Eagle/Teebird competitor, but tighter lines and more precision. I like throwing it flat and having it slowly fade in. Hyzers and flex-shots work well with it too. A much more versatile FD than the Switch, IMO.

My Craves do everything I wanted the Clash to do plus some. My heavier, fresh N Crave has the turn and fade I was expecting from the Clash. My lighter weight Crave covers straight and US shots for everything I've needed so far.

The Clash was the biggest Gyro dud I've thrown.

I anticipated a little turn and then a big fade but I found much different results on the two I bought. Both Clashes would flip up hard on a slight hyzer release and would track so far over that I'd never see the fade. They also got killed my head winds.

Id still love to see MVP/Axiom release a disc that is less stable than the Resistor but still possesses some strong HSS. There is certainly room there from my experience throwing the Resistor/Crave duo.

I like the Clash but with the Crave/Inspire it wasn't but so needed. Good for skips though.

I'm glad MVP/Axiom have went back to releasing drivers mainly.

The over milking of putters got old rather fast.

There can never be enough putter options.

Soft Proxy, Ion, Anode, Atom. Soft Proton Envy/Proxy
Electron everything
Fission everything

^right, I was just responding to the guy who was saying he basically wants something in this class that's between the Resistor and the Clash...not too many choices. Maybe a fresh Servo might do him better. Mine did this weekend.

Got my first round of 2016 in today. I carried 2 clashes. 172/155. I have to say these hit a ton of lines for me. The 172 is getting beat so it is turning more bit still coming back. The 155 is awesome. Lighter throw nice and flat soft turn and a healthy not beefy fade. 150 class is fun as hell. Clashes and leopards can probably take care of my fairway duties.

The Clash was the biggest Gyro dud I've thrown.

I anticipated a little turn and then a big fade but I found much different results on the two I bought. Both Clashes would flip up hard on a slight hyzer release and would track so far over that I'd never see the fade. They also got killed my head winds.

Id still love to see MVP/Axiom release a disc that is less stable than the Resistor but still possesses some strong HSS. There is certainly room there from my experience throwing the Resistor/Crave duo.

Maybe make your own fairway disc to be more HSS and call it a Tyrant...;)

So I just ordered a CLASH. I kinda just jumped on it for fun. I am very happy with my fairway drivers so this will just be an alternate for fun in place of my FD or Teebird. Honestly I can play with different molds and usually as long as I am familiar enough I can manipulate to get what I want. SO, I was happy to hear this was like an Eagle, but now sad to hear some people thought it was too flippy and hard on the fade, maybe an odd disc I guess, so its not a straight shooter with some fade, rather an S shape flight with late hook? IDK, if its a Fairway version of a DEFY then i can work with that. time will tell

I can't turn mine at all, but it just may be my power level. In fact, I get that Eagle flight out of the Inspire, which i had hoped was more understable. Both were disappointing to me. I don't carry either one anymore.

This is my subjective opinion, but I think there's a heavy "mileage may vary" component to this entire class of Gyro. But particularly the Clash, Servo, Switch. I'll throw Inspire in there because it's supposed to be the Axiom Switch IIRC. The Resistor is beef by anyone's definition. The Crave seems to be a -1, 1 type disc for most everyone.

But the Clash, Servo, Switch, and Inspire seem more to be something different for everyone. I think it takes some tinkering around with all of these, and having them season up for you, before you know if to bag one, and if so, which one(s).

Plus, if MVP/AXIOM has an area where they're less consistent across a single mold, it's the HS turn, right? If there's a mold where one is a bit different from the next, it's generally an US driver, and the variation is how much/how easy it is to turn.

I bag 2 Switches right now, same wt, same seasoning. From new, one was noticeably more HSS than the other. Not wildly, but different enough that I have both in the bag for any round. They've both lost a little HSS by this point, but the difference between the two is still about the same magnitude.

So, TL/DR aside, I think this is a tough set of discs to get a grasp on, and I think it might give them a bad rap. I think it may be possible that, depending on who's throwing them, any of the 4 might fit that "Eagle-like" flight, depending on the Eagle one has in mind, too, of course.

A big arm might get the flight from a Fresh max wt Servo that I get from this broken in but not beat Clash I have, or that a newer player might get from a fresh Switch.

Latest posts