• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Axiom / mvp Putters - one putter to do it all

most of it came from fixing my putting style. i was spending this time working on putting, and just nothing seemed to want to do what i wanted consistently. i watched all videos and put time in....and one day i will be sinking putts consistently with one mold and then i start having issues switch a putter and it goes away. after having said this aloud....i am pretty sure this is now a mental thing, rather than a magic cure all from a companies putter.

MVP/Axiom aren't magical discs by any means, nor are any company's offerings. You kind of just answered your own question though. Find a putter you like, by multiples and just practice and practice and practice until it feels better and better.

MVP/Axiom are magical discs by any means, nor are any company's offerings. You kind of just answered your own question though. Find a putter you like, by multiples and just practice and practice and practice until it feels better and better.

FTFY

so i picked up the atom, and i immediately felt connected to it. it took a bit of practice but now am confident with a putter.

i am still going to try a proxy and envy but those will have to wait till i get some extra cash.

thanks for the help, everyone.

I just bought a Plasma Envy tonight just wondering what are the rectangular indentations on the rim opposite of each other? Guessing it's where the rim is shot after the core is injected is this normal ?

I just bought a Plasma Envy tonight just wondering what are the rectangular indentations on the rim opposite of each other? Guessing it's where the rim is shot after the core is injected is this normal ?

Little rectangles right on the outer edge of the nose? I've had those too, they wear off and become completely flush/unnoticeable.

And I just realized I wanted the Proxy but bought a Envy accidentally. I have a feeling the Envy is going to be to close to my Rhyno.

Nah. Closer to your wizard. A bit more hss and wind resistant. Not a rhyno imo. Might take some shots away from your buzzz and wizard and rhyno, though.

It's a shorter champ teebird or whatever. Solid hss, flies farther than you would expect and just holds the line until it fades.

Last edited:
Nah. Closer to your wizard. A bit more hss and wind resistant. Not a rhyno imo. Might take some shots away from your buzzz and wizard and rhyno, though.

It's a shorter champ teebird or whatever. Solid hss, flies farther than you would expect and just holds the line until it fades.

It sounds like it's going to distributed my whole bag lol. Feels great but the true test is tomorrow if it works out I will have to try to figure out the overlap stuff too.

Yes but mine are indentations there not to deep.

Mine have been rectangular protrusions that rubbed off...likely it's the same thing for you but they got ground off or something and left a small indent. The rims on their putters wear nicely to get smooth in my experience.

It sounds like it's going to distributed my whole bag lol. Feels great but the true test is tomorrow if it works out I will have to try to figure out the overlap stuff too.

I throw Rhynos and Envys. I would not worry too much about these discs overlapping as the distance I get on Envys are quite a lot more than Rhynos. Although I throw the Rhyno so much, I rarely even consider powering down on my Envy except for forehand throws. But the Envy is probably going to bump up against the Buzzz for you, especially the 75% to 80% Buzzz throws if you use your Buzzz for that type of shot. That happens for me with my Roc3s. In all honesty, just having one Envy in the bag for that shot I just described is very useful, even if I don't use it very often. I would rather throw with equal power on all of my shots that I can and let the disc deal with the distance instead of me trying to finesse a faster disc.

Last edited:
so now a proton atom or 2 is in the stable, much more stable than the electron. i have had 6 ace runs (no aces) in the 3 rounds i have used it. so if an envy can take the place of the bard, ibex, and theory (maybe) i guess i am set.

then I can sell off everything else and get off the web looking for plastic.

It will take some shots from them, not replace them. It has more fade and hss than an ibex, less than a bard and nowhere near understable like a theory, but it does fly straight for most of its flight when released flat and hard. Can fly an anny line to mimic understable, but yeah...

Went and field tested the Envy yesterday you were spot on. It basically was sitting right in between my Wizards and Z buzz. Definitely not as overstable as my CH Rhyno. I will be bagging it though to take the place of my driving Wizard only. I Can't see myself putting with it but haven't tried this out yet.

Went and field tested the Envy yesterday you were spot on. It basically was sitting right in between my Wizards and Z buzz. Definitely not as overstable as my CH Rhyno. I will be bagging it though to take the place of my driving Wizard only. I Can't see myself putting with it but haven't tried this out yet.

Yet again, I throw the Envy instead of throwing my Wizards. I think a little longer, more HSS as said before about the Wizard, and also a slightly different feel, but will serve you very well for this type of shot. Not my favorite for putting, but a buddy of mine used one for quite a while. Stick with the Wizard for that I say.

My soft Envy has weird ripples in the flightplate close to the overmold.

Like you can feel them when you run your finger over it.

My soft Proxy does not have them.

Latest posts