• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom/MVP removed from Marshall Street Flight Chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locally, (PIAS, Alpine) it seems like they just get a mixed bag of deliveries from the companies they carry (Innova, Discraft, MVP, Trilogy, Gateway [Alpine only]) and it always seems that delivery is pretty much a mixed bag. I think they can special order certain things but at the end of the day they get sent whatever.

wholesale orders are a lot like buying mystery boxes via retail. You are never promised anything in my experience.

That sounds pretty unacceptable. If Company M asks for certain weights, and Company A sends different weights, Company M has every right to be upset at Company A's wrong fill of the order. And if Company A subsequently refuses to fix the order or make good, then it's not just an honest mistake anymore, and Company M has every reason and right to say "You're dishonest, I'm not working with you anymore nor selling your product anymore."

I know the concept of "integrity" has been totally lost in the United States of America these days, and it apparently extends to filling disc golf orders as well.

^again just more BS without any experience of the situation.

No one is being dishonest.

IT SAYS ON THE ORDER FORM THAT YOU WILL BE SENT XYZ WEIGHT DEPENDING ON AVAILABLIITY.... Ive seen many times on the order form where areas are blocked out due to not being available but also had the same problem being sent a few things I didn't EXACTLY order - more often then not I can sell no problem anyway and find the colors or weights I think "wont" sell actually do.

its not really that big of a deal if you keep a big enough inventory. No way it should be really.

Either way it's a stupid reason to take them off of the flight chart

meh, pretty legit reason, if valid from a business perspective. especially with the volume MSt. purchases from them...

from personal experience ordering wholesale, the alleged situation happened on my orders as well without communication from MVP beforehand. however, it is the nature of the business, and this happens with every manufacturer. on multiple orders, i would receive discs grouped in the extremes of the weight ranges (i.e. all 175g or all 162g, very little variance), half of the discs ordered of a mold (10+) be the same color, warped discs...

and, icing on the cake...
when retailers attempt to weight every disc, as MSt. does, they find weight variances...

MVP/Axiom discs had the most extreme weight variance to stickered weight ratio compared to other manufacturers IMO.

I have no info here, but since when has that stopped anyone on the internet from speculating :)

As a small store owner myself, I cannot fathom a business intentionally making it more difficult for customers to buy product. That makes absolutely no sense at all. My guess is it's a line of missing code and no more. But, please reference my first sentence. I could be way off...

it really just hurts them. specially considering people who support MVP might just say F em and buy else where.

not like MST has some stronghold on the retail market or disc comparison chart lol. Never liked their site or disc descriptions personally and found a lot of randomness to their ways from clearance items to working with a customer. I once offered to buy their entire stock of soft neutron dyed ions but was told all I would get was free shipping. LOL!

packaging is terrible too. talk about not carrying' they need a mirror.

it really just hurts them. specially considering people who support MVP might just say F em and buy else where.

not like MST has some stronghold on the retail market or disc comparison chart lol. Never liked their site or disc descriptions personally and found a lot of randomness to their ways from clearance items to working with a customer. I once offered to buy their entire stock of soft neutron dyed ions but was told all I would get was free shipping. LOL!

packaging is terrible too. talk about not carrying' they need a mirror.

You have to be the least self-aware poster I've ever encountered.

Let me start by saying for those who don't know and those who won't care anyway, I only throw Mvp/Axiom. So yes I'm a ridiculous fanguy (to old to be a boy)

When you have a choice between ordering 170's 160's or 150's for said mold. You specify you want 100 of them in 170's. Your order is fulfilled with 10 in the 170's and the rest is a mix of 160's and 150's. You have had a prior discussion to not fulfill the order with a substituted weight. Yes you would be pissed off and you have been boned.

I'm not saying I know anything about either side and this is pure speculation on my part. If this is however an issue it should and probably will be rectified. (eventually hopefully)

If I as a consumer order a disc advertised to be 173g and I'm sent a 163g disc I would be annoyed and want it to be corrected or at least discounted by the seller. Imagine that pia on a large scale and your livelihood is on the line, weak sauce.

Being a retailer either online, brick and mortar, or both is a tough go today. Margins are slim, competition is plentiful, and expenses are high. Not to mention selling MVP/Axiom comes with the added burden of trying to show every single color combo option to be competitive must be a lot of extra work for no more money than another brand.

I'm not one to criticize my favorite disc company but I feel for the retailers if this is an ongoing issue.

no one is ordering 100 of 1 mold at a time in 1 weight. no point to keep that much stock on hand of the same thing so I see no way possible to even get screwed that bad at 90% being off. Even if you ordered 30 of every mold MVP has there is no way over half would be off weight THAT bad. I have always bitched about their stickers vs scale weight but not going to get 150s vs 170s.. only few and far between in my experience' never a shortage at GGGT of any weight color or plastic on the huge rows of MVP.

I have ordered hundreds of MVP and Axiom discs even making VERY specific requests on the order form. You also can call them and place an order for a more personalized experience PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS but never felt the need to do so.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying for those who don't know and those who won't care anyway, I only throw Mvp/Axiom. So yes I'm a ridiculous fanguy (to old to be a boy)

When you have a choice between ordering 170's 160's or 150's for said mold. You specify you want 100 of them in 170's. Your order is fulfilled with 10 in the 170's and the rest is a mix of 160's and 150's. You have had a prior discussion to not fulfill the order with a substituted weight. Yes you would be pissed off and you have been boned.

I'm not saying I know anything about either side and this is pure speculation on my part. If this is however an issue it should and probably will be rectified. (eventually hopefully)

If I as a consumer order a disc advertised to be 173g and I'm sent a 163g disc I would be annoyed and want it to be corrected or at least discounted by the seller. Imagine that pia on a large scale and your livelihood is on the line, weak sauce.

Being a retailer either online, brick and mortar, or both is a tough go today. Margins are slim, competition is plentiful, and expenses are high. Not to mention selling MVP/Axiom comes with the added burden of trying to show every single color combo option to be competitive must be a lot of extra work for no more money than another brand.

I'm not one to criticize my favorite disc company but I feel for the retailers if this is an ongoing issue.

Good post. Sums up the essence of the discussion in this thread. :thmbup:

lol at the idiots just speculating.

Ive ordered hundreds of discs from MVP and any issues which ever did come up were always fixed. Hell they even will fill specific color requests on some orders to go along with weights and im just a small little account.

I think MVP will be just fine not being listed on some terribly arranged chart anyway with so many similar colors and amount of molds growing its harder to read every month. The chart just links to their product sale pages so its just dumb for them if they want to closeout the product.

wholesale orders are a lot like buying mystery boxes via retail. You are never promised anything in my experience.

lol, I have to have the thing unfolded in front of me to even be able to begin reading it.

I wouldn't say no one, but my numbers weren't meant to be literal

if a mold was THAT popular to put in a 100 at a time of one weight id imagine MVP would be happy to keep it in stock and fill the orders as requested. I just don't see it being such a problem like people are trying to make it out to be being they take care my sorry ass as well as they do.

If you have the capital to order so many discs in the first place it also wouldn't even be as much as an issue as it would be for someone like myself. Really just the nature of the business from my very limited experience. we are not dealing with billion dollar corporations with india outsourced phone banks and email responders....

sure lots of crap has happened I don't run to DGCR and spill my problems to the world. Ive made plenty of coin selling MVP discs. We all are happy in the end.

The only way I could see it happening, outside of pure madness, is if you're having a clinic or competition where by necessity it has to be the same disc at same weights. And that would be a special order/request.

Hey I'm certainly not hating on MVP. As long as they keep pumping out discs I'll throw them in any weight.

Ps: I thought Facebook was for sharing your problems to the world

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts