• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom/MVP removed from Marshall Street Flight Chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD86

Banned
As of this writing, the Axiom/MVP discs have all been removed from Marshall Street's Flight Chart. Anyone know what is going on with that? :confused:

Hmm that's weird, I've bought MVP from them in the past and since I usually order on line from them I hope they don't drop them.

They still have all their MVP discs posted, even in the new release section. I wonder if they are doing some sort of overhaul to their chart. And it is just under construction right now?

Or maybe MVP missed this months payment to them.

Gyro is so legit, that it spun its way right off the chart...

Probably the most logical explanation here. :D

I did notice this over the weekend. Just assumed maybe MVP/Axiom didn't have a contract or agreement with them anymore.

As someone else said, they may be reorganizing their chart. I can say from experience that I think both the Crush and Valkyrie need to be pushed a little left on the chart. They are both more stable than listed. I feel comfortable where the rest of the discs in my bag fall on their chart.

Apparently it comes down to a long dispute over being sent weights of discs not ordered. MST would order discs in certain ranges and MVP would often fulfill the order with different weight discs. MST tried to resolve the issue and simply are frustrated with the current situation of holding inventory of discs and weight ranges that don't sell. This looks like their way of getting the attention of MVP. There is a long post on FB detailing this from former MST employees and an apparent reply to someone on the thread via email.

This doesn't surprise me. Both the local shops have a wide variety of awful weight/color combos.

Seems to be this way with most inventories I've seen. Then, those discs just sit and as new orders come in, that crap color / weight stock just grows. Way to go, MVP!

I think they need to spend a little time on seeing which areas buy some of the more odd color combos by region. Im sure someone in a desert climate might like the ugly shades of green that seem to be collecting dust around here...

I wonder if they are doing some sort of overhaul to their chart. And it is just under construction right now?

I've done computer programming in the past, including web pages, and I don't think it's an overhaul of the chart. I appears to me to be a very deliberate removal of Axiom/MVP discs.

I see in the thread where someone is suggesting a dispute in filling orders. IMHO that is probably much closer to the truth of the matter.

New thread idea:
"Not filling retailers orders correctly, bad for the sport?"

Bad for MVP, anyway.

I don't know if it's true that they were filling orders with items not ordered. It would certainly be bad if such dishonesty were deliberately occurring.

Bad for MVP, anyway.

I don't know if it's true that they were filling orders with items not ordered. It would certainly be bad if such dishonesty were deliberately occurring.

I also think that part of the problem is the amount of discs that MST orders. MVP may not be able to supply all the small orders as well as the larger ones. They rely on this spreadsheet order sheet. What they need to move towards is a live inventory ordering system, just like many companies use. Either that, or they keep a virtual inventory in house, and require orders to be taken over the phone to confirm the stock status. Either way, it sounds like a communication issue rather than a deliberate attempt to affect MST.

lol at the idiots just speculating.

Ive ordered hundreds of discs from MVP and any issues which ever did come up were always fixed. Hell they even will fill specific color requests on some orders to go along with weights and im just a small little account.

I think MVP will be just fine not being listed on some terribly arranged chart anyway with so many similar colors and amount of molds growing its harder to read every month. The chart just links to their product sale pages so its just dumb for them if they want to closeout the product.

wholesale orders are a lot like buying mystery boxes via retail. You are never promised anything in my experience.

Man the anger that MVP discussion stirs in you is quite puzzling. It's as if the brands are actually your children.

As to the rest of it, the MVP/Axiom discs are still on the page of New Releases. It doesn't look like a straight pulling of the product.

I was at the local shop awhile back and noticed a 156g Ion. I mentioned it to the guy working there and he was surprised because they didn't order any putters that light. He said they've gotten several discs in the low 160's to mid-150's instead of the 170's that they ordered. Not sure if they contacted MVP or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.