• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack Style Bag

shroom

Eagle Member
My birthday is coming up and the wife said she is probably going to get my a new DG bag.
I am leaning toward getting a backpack style back.

I have seen a Grip up close and am just not to sure about it.

The Revo Dual pack looks nice and seems to have plenty of extra space.

Physical Flights battle bag (proto video) looks really good, but in the video they said they are making some adjustments to it. I would really like to see it before I buy it.

I want some input on what backpack style bag you have and why you like it more than the other.

I have an innova comp bag with the innova straps. Its okay, but just does not have enough room. I would like to have enough room to throw a hoodie in, maybe an umbrella, couple of water bottles, keys, wallet, cell phone, room for my discs without having to jam them all together...you get the picture.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I own a Grip and LOVE it.

I have a DualPack on it's way to me right now.

I'll do a thorough review and take lots of pics of both for ya.

That room is pretty limited on the Grip.

The side pockets are big but very awkward. Most I can fit in one of them (clothing wise) is like a pair of socks and a longsleeve shirt.

Dual pack is still best backpack on the market. Maybe the Mahal could give it a run, I don't have any experience with those.

Dual pack for sure for extras. ITs why I bought it. Discs can be a pain getting in and out as you get to the outter most sides of the bag but other than that, I love mine.

I have a Grip bag and have HAD a Revo Dualpack. Man, I couldn't sell that Revo Garbagepack soon enough. Mind you I did warn the person of it's issues....Hmmmm come to think of it. He's sporting a Grip bag now!
Revo has great quality, but VERY poor design. Opening to discs is to small. The top of the bag slumps over your discs. Making it even more of a pain in the a$$ to get your discs out! Small drinks will fall through the single stip at the bottom of the drink holders. The staps are thin and not very well padded. It's just a poor, poor design.
DO NOT BUY IT! You will regret it for sure....I know I did!

I have a Revo Dual Pack. I love the space, the cage, and how you can put tons of discs everywhere! I like the design for the most part. I really like how the bag contours my bag, where the Grip bag does not. There are a couple things I dislike about the bag. I do not like how if the top part has just a little stuff in it, it will sag down over the bottom cage a little making it a little hard to get discs out. I also wished it had stock insulated drink holders. I have made mine insulated but they came with the mesh.

I love my bag. I wouldn't buy a Grip or any other bag until mine completely falls apart. I got it for a great deal and it was basically new when I got it, and now, after about 4 months of constant play, it is almost in the same condition. The dual pack is a great bag but it really just comes down to what you prefer.

Grip > Revo dualpack (unless you like packing picnics in your golf bag) The dual pack's flaws far outweigh its positives. No drink holders. Saggy storage area. No real putter pocket. Weak backpack straps. Though you can fit a goose down parka in the top, but does that make up for a supremely inferior bag? To me, it's worth looking like a fag tying a sweatshirt around your waste for half a round and having an awesome bag than being able to tuck said sweatshirt into a cavern of a pocket on a **** bag. That's just me though

If you like "room for extras" then get the Revo Dual Pack, I love mine. I modified it and the bag does not slump over at all. I use the top for all of the discs I normally use (12-14 discs) and the bottom for back-ups and storage for sweatshirts and drinks, don't think that is possibe with the grip. I modified the bottom compartment to get the discs out easier, and also acts as a "floor" for the top compartment, put a shoe box in the top area where the discs are and they fit perfectly (I rarely need to bend over to get the discs out). I can have 20-24 discs in the bag with all of the extra room for the extras! Buy the Revo in my opinion! Good Luck!

Yes I had it for a little bit, but then I went over to Europe so I had to go back to the USA flag bag. Now a 14 year old kid in Huntington Beach has it. He is rockin' it everytime he plays.

I own a Grip, and have used/carried a Revo backpack. Grip just owns the Revo bag in virtually every area. Ergonomics, design, looks, comfort, swagger factor, etc.
The upper storage section on the Revo bag is nice, but the only thing I'd ever carry that big would be a hoodie or rain jacket. And I just tuck those into the side loops on my Grip.

If money is no object, get the Grip.

Latest posts