• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Banshee or Firebird

Drone is in the list. But yes the Zone, Gator, Pig, Rhino, and VP all deserve mention here as well.

The thing about it is that you can choose if you want a large gap between your short overstable disc and long one. The reason being is that, if you're like me, you'll probably just end up throwing a firebird as far as an XCal because the discs themselves only make about a 50 ftt difference depending on how close they are in speed. So someone who thinks they have a weaker arm could essentially carry a Drone and Pred and have all their overstable needs covered. If you feel a little more confident you could push a Flick for long and a Banshee for short (two very similar discs at two diff ranges). The thing is though you would have to be very serous about how well you know your throw.

<I used the search feature and look what i found.... a thread with the same question i wanted to ask! go figure!>

anyways, i digress...

Can someone tell me how the DX Banshee and the Champion Banshee relate.

I lost my DX Banshee and i need a midrange/all purpose Forehand disc... i was very happy with my DX, but i am wondering if the Champion Plastic adds an extra umph (distance, primarily, but control ) that i am looking for. The firebird (current version) requires too much power and the predator is too much like a distance driver than a control driver.

i really liked my DX Banshee, but durability issues and my general disdain for DX plastic force me to explore the Champ.... (Exception can be made for Cheap Used Experimental Discs and all Roc types <- although i would argue that any of the other plastics might be better.)

I replaced my DX Banshee with a Champ after I tacoed the DX. Haven't looked back, and now my ace count is higher :D