• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Barsby Tour Series Eagle

I bought two, they've been out for a few months. For me they might as well be a Thunderbird.

"As I've worked this in... it's started to become a nice flyer for me."
Translation: it's too beefy unless you are Simon or Eagle. Gregg isn't the biggest arm but he isn't a slouch either.

I feel like he mentioned like 3 or 4 times that they were too overstable. They normally try to make those tour series molds to the players specification, so I wonder what happened with this one. He also didn't seem to like that they are only max weight which I never really understood with the tour series either.

"As I've worked this in... it's started to become a nice flyer for me."
Translation: it's too beefy unless you are Simon or Eagle. Gregg isn't the biggest arm but he isn't a slouch either.

Haha yeah pretty much. I'm a Teebird guy instead of an Eagle thrower, but any time I've tried an Eagle it's either been so OS and mean like a speed 7 Firebird, or beat in and glidey/neutral almost like an FD. Sounds like even with Gregg's power they're like Firebirds.

Basically I have no idea if Eagles are actually supposed to be -1/3 or what.

Greg is more of a hyzer flip thrower which might be why he mentions that it was too overstable.

I love eagles, but the star are usually glide less and overstable. Champs are usually too overstable for what I'd use them for. If they could give me premium plastic with the flight of a fresh dx eagle, it would be great.

Innova does seem to be missing the mark a lot lately (with regard to the timing of this ad)

Idk why but to me that video seemed scripted. As another long time eagle thrower and a lover of old eagles. I can say that, in my opinion, the Barsby eagle is one of the worst feeling and flying eagles on the market. Too stiff, too overstable, not enough glide, terrible colors and only in max weight. I hope they change this for next year.

Well I guess I don't feel too bad...Innova can't even make a good Eagle for Gregg.

:hfive: When I started playing, I loved Eagles. Now, the rare Color Glows that are more true to the -1/3 are the only ones I throw. So many of the newer Eagles I've thrown are almost as overstable as Sexybirds.

Are those a special run of the color glows. I ask because I have a small stack of color glow eagles and none of them would have a -1 for turn. Maybe a 0 for turn but if there is any turn then its hard to see.

Are those a special run of the color glows. I ask because I have a small stack of color glow eagles and none of them would have a -1 for turn. Maybe a 0 for turn but if there is any turn then its hard to see.

I got mine from DGU. They were F2s with miffed stamps. But they fly like my old Champ Eagles from 2004-2005. Hyzer flip or turn with a generous finish.

It's like he doesn't like they way they turned out as eagles, but likes them none the less. Like he wanted true to numbers eagles, but got banshees instead, but it's still a disc he enjoys.

I don't think Star is too overstable or too little glide on eagles. These swirly star are definitely less glide, more OS than all the other star eagles I have thrown. Still a good disc. I think with some heavy use, in a couple years these will be bombers that people want.