• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets, Baskets, Baskets

Roy said:
The cool kids rep the DB5.

Well that pretty much sums it up for me, I'm going with the DB-5.

Well maybe thats not the whole reason, but its what I'm going with.

Thanks for the all the discussion.

Wow, that worked?! :lol:

You'll be happy. I have a 3 year old DB5 and it's great. It's as heavy duty as the mach 3s minus a set of chains. I've toyed with the idea of adding some chains but it's not a big deal for me. They used to throw in a couple of lightning discs too. I dont know if they still do...

I've left it out in the weather everything is fine. No rust or anything.

If I remember right I got mine from gottagogottathrow.

I have a Lightning DB5 and like it.

I added a second row of inner chains - Home Depot $20 bucks total...(20 links per chain if I remember correctly - you'll need 9 of them) Looks just like the baskets at the courses now.

I actually welded mine together (they come apart 3 pieces) It is very stable. I also have mine staked to the ground with some long stakes (3). I don't have to worry about
it tipping over onto my nephews...they are little monkeys that crawl on everything. I came out in the yard one day to find them both in and on the basket. Doesn't look
like they bent anything. It is certainly a durable and well made basket. I bought mine used for $150 - I think they can easily be found for $200 brand new.

Well I finally received my Lightning DB-5 basket and got it setup. I ordered though discsunlimited.net, they charged $210 out the door free shipping. It came with two free discs from Lightning, a #2 putter and a #2 Driver.

Setup was as simple as catching a ball in a cup, basically it was easy. Very nice and sturdy design. I threw about 50 putts at it tonight and I have no negative things to say about it. It didn't spit out any more putts then any other basket at my local courses.

I give this basket my stamp of approval how unimportant that is.

greenjeans said:
I added a second row of inner chains - Home Depot $20 bucks total...(20 links per chain if I remember correctly - you'll need 9 of them) Looks just like the baskets at the courses now.

Can you confirm that for me, I'm interested in doing this for mine?

xeroxed44 said:
greenjeans said:

Can you confirm that for me, I'm interested in doing this for mine?

I got my extra chain for the DB-5 at Lowe's... it was about 25 bucks for the right amount. I got it there because they had galvanized in the right size, galvanized won't rust and matches the rest of the basket. I have 6 inner chain strands, catches great.

If you don't want the DB-5 to eat up your putters, clean up the sharp edged welds with a grinder or file. Other than that, no complaints in over a year.

For those of you out there with DB-5s, does anyone know where to order replacement hardware? My parents put my two baskets in storage and somehow mis-placed the poles and stands. I am thinking of a home-made solution, but I would rather have the original parts.

Phil - drop me an email with what you're looking for and I'll get a hold of Lightning for you to see what replacements would cost.