• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw some of the comments and thought I could provide a little more info to help us choose.

We have a couple of options that we can go with for shirts. We can either go with the same style last year, dri-fit tshirt, or we can go with dri-fit polos for $5 extra per pack.

Here's some examples of how we could do the packs with pricing:

1 Champ Disc
1 Star Disc
Dri-Fit Tshirt
Bag Tag
Microfiber towel
$33

1 DX Disc
1 Champ or Star Disc
Dri-Fit Tshirt
Bag Tag
Microfiber towel
$30

1 Champ Disc
1 Star Disc
Dri-Fit Polo Shirt
Bag Tag
Microfiber towel
$38

1 DX Disc
1 Champ or Star Disc
Dri-Fit Polo Shirt
Bag Tag
Microfiber towel
$35

Of course there are a couple of other combos we could do, Star & Pro, DX & Pro, etc, but that will give you a basic idea of what we are looking at. Those prices would include everything, the cost of the discs with custom stamps, the paragon tshirts, tags, and towels, plus cover the cost of shipping all of the schwag. (from the factory to one of the organizers, packs will be distributed at the meet)

option 1 or 2 would be fine with me can someone post a pic of last years shirt?

I don't have a pic of the actual shirt, but here is the mock up from the company with the artwork:

picture.php

I just read almost all of this thread. I am really excited about this, if I can get the time off of work I'm hoping to make it. Never played a tournament or these courses before, but it sounds like tons of fun.

I just read almost all of this thread. I am really excited about this, if I can get the time off of work I'm hoping to make it. Never played a tournament or these courses before, but it sounds like tons of fun.

We would be glad to have ya! Just let us know when/if you can attend and we will add ya to the list, and theres no doubt that it will be tons of fun, we try our hardest to make these meets worth it.

Can't wait til we get the players pack down, i'm so stoked for this guys and gals!

RTS, what if we left out the microfiber towels? I'm not a fan. If you drop them, they pick up every little twig and leaf on the ground, and it's impossible to get them out without hours of nitpicking.

I'm down for package 4, sans towel. Unless maybe you could get terry cloth or chamois-type.

RTS, what if we left out the microfiber towels? I'm not a fan. If you drop them, they pick up every little twig and leaf on the ground, and it's impossible to get them out without hours of nitpicking.

I'm down for package 4, sans towel. Unless maybe you could get terry cloth or chamois-type.

Well the towel is part of the package. I think we could buy just the shirts and bag tags, but I think it would be more because we would have to buy them individually. Now I'm not positive on that and will check with the company to find out for sure, I definitely know what you mean about the microfiber. I have found that if you wash them quite a few times it does help, but it never goes away completely, at least not so far.

my Votes:

Specialty: CHAMP 200g CONDOR!!!

Putters: Rhyno (any plastic), Big Bead Aviar (any plastic)

Mid-Range: Roc (dx or pro)

Fairway: Viper (star), Teebird (echo star), TL (champion)

Drivers: Firebird (champ), Destroyer (echo star or pro)

No# 1 pick: TL champion plastic

200g champ condor is a close second. That will stay in the bag forever.

Hahaha, unfortunately the condor isn't an option for our event, that would be kinda awesome though.

I'm kind of leaning toward the first pack as well. Not much more than last years with two premium plastic discs, the only option I see being better is a champ or star with a pro disc where we could do a driver and a putter combo. Wouldn't mind setting up nice complements to last years discs, so something like a Champ TL and a JK or KC Aviar.

I also like the thought of adding in another mid to the mix as well, but not sure what would even be a viable option. They have most of their mids in DX only which are Cobra, Shark, Stingray, but they do have a Star Mako. Not sure if any of those would even get enough votes to be considered though. Just a thought.

Mine is due for some picking. After that, I plan to stuff it inside my bag and use it for water and my regular towel that hangs from my bag for dirt and mud.

I am very likely coming. At worst, if my request doenst get approved im guessing i could switch to make at least one day.

I want the swag but the innova plastic is worthless to me.....

I am very likely coming. At worst, if my request doenst get approved im guessing i could switch to make at least one day.

Awesome, hope you can make it.

Yeah sorry to all the Discraft fans. I throw only Innova and MVP, but I would certainly switch it up if it were feasible. Mine from last year are hanging on the wall, that's where these are going too, so the manufacturer wouldn't really matter all that much to me, but the minimum order for Discraft is 100 discs and I don't think we could ever sell 50 player's packs.

You could always trade the discs, or sell them or something. Just a thought, but I understand if peeps don't do wall hangers and don't want to buy discs that they won't throw.

Gotta go with the Polo Shirt. Sorry bro... I have style

Champ TL and an Ion FTW

"Se la vie" as another chance to get a 200g Champ Condor goes away

Last edited:
Gotta go with the Polo Shirt. Sorry bro's... I have style

Champ TL and an Ion FTW

"Se la vie" as another chance to get a Champ Condor goes away

Dude I would love to get custom stamped MVP discs, but I don't think it's an option at this time. I don't think they do custom stamps at this time.

Also just went over the current CFR list that Innova sent me a couple of weeks ago and neither the Rhynos or the Glow Gazelles are on it, so even if we did qualify they wouldn't be options. Sucks to because I love Gazelles and Rhynos.

Craftsman - we can work that out! I want the discs - you can have the rest of the swag.
I don't want a shirt for an event I didn't attend (guess I'm funny that way).
And I don't need another microfiber or bag tag for the event.

Last edited:
Dude I would love to get custom stamped MVP discs, but I don't think it's an option at this time. I don't think they do custom stamps at this time.

UGH!! fine...

175g Champ TL and a Pro (KCAviar, Roc, SL, Wraith, Destroyer, Katana) [or star viper]

Too early to start a carpool list?

1) Me
2) Your Mom
3) ?

Latest posts