• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginners bag for the spring and summer.

Dinnerfan

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Coming up on a year. Play every day during my lunch break and after work. Sometimes on weekends if I have the time (two kiddos)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Righty.
Throwing Style: started RHFH and have been RHBH for about 10 months.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putter:210-220. Mid: 275 Drivers: 300-320

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Nothing really. Seperated my shoulder about 10 years ago snowboarding. Doesn't really effect my game.
Additional Information: Drummer for 20 years so I think that's given me a bit more "snap" than most beginners.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Liking my current setup. Working on form this spring/summer so not bagging too many distance drivers. Also, trying to bag as many of the same molds as I can.
Immediate and long-term goals: Looking for some more consistency and accuracy in the immediate, diatance in the long term.

Bag: Grip EQ C-15

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 G PD: Working this one out. Doesn't get much use at the courses I've been playing (short, woody.) I have a few other PDs I take out for fieldwork.
175 C CD2: max distance ATM. Don't really use this one a whole lot as well.
175 C FD2: When I need that extra OS
175 C FD: stable fairway
175 P FD: Flippy bae. Love this disc.
175 S FD: Slightly more OS than my C.

Mids:
175 Champ Flat Top Gator: When I need that hook.
175 KC Pro Roc: Tunnel and turnover shots.
180 Glow MD3: Domey, Great HSS
180 Glow Eagle MD3: More OS and slightly flatter than other MD3. Great hyzer shot off the tee, and won't flip over on me.
180 P MD3: Beating in to be a more glidey Roc. Loving this disc.

Putters:
All max weight (175):
3X P P2: One beat to glory for US/hyzer flip drives and approaches. The other two are my main putting putters.
S P2: OS drives and approaches.
X P2: Recently took this out of the bag due to the warmer weather. I'll probably toss it in for the rainy day rounds.

I guess just let me know what you guys think! Again, just a beginner and loving this sport and the people involved. Everyone is super nice and really enjoy playing with the "old timers" that frequent the local courses.

Looks like a pretty nice setup. Seems as if you could handle any course shot pretty well. Only question I guess is how beat up is your KC Roc? It seems as if a P-MD3 would be pretty similar off the shelf. Admittedly I have not thrown one though, I have only read about them.

Looks like a pretty nice setup. Seems as if you could handle any course shot pretty well. Only question I guess is how beat up is your KC Roc? It seems as if a P-MD3 would be pretty similar off the shelf. Admittedly I have not thrown one though, I have only read about them.

Thanks for your input! The Roc I have is beat in pretty well. It was one of the first discs I ever bought, so needless to say it's pretty seasoned. The purpose for the P MD3 was to see if I could potentially beat it in to maybe replace my Roc, like I said I'm trying to keep the mold count low. Also I can get a bit more distance with the MD3 because it's a glide monster. The targets I overshoot with the MD3s are perfect for the Roc. I'd like to replace it, but I really don't see that happening this year unless I throw it in a river.

Nice bag man. I love the gator. Very useful in a ton of situations so easy to know where it's gonna land.
Seem pretty similar to what I throw. How does the CD2 compare to say a beast, roadrunner sidewinder or whatever based on your experience.

Solid bag.

I just acquired a couple of S-Line P2s, and I am really liking them on approach shots. It's a really good mold.

Nice bag man. I love the gator. Very useful in a ton of situations so easy to know where it's gonna land.
Seem pretty similar to what I throw. How does the CD2 compare to say a beast, roadrunner sidewinder or whatever based on your experience.

Thanks man! The gator is my official "get outta this ****" disc. Definetly helped my game out quite a bit.

Out of all those discs the only one I have experience with is the roadrunner, and it's nothing like that. If I could compare it to any disc that I have any experience with, I'd put it closely to a Valkyrie.

Solid bag.

I just acquired a couple of S-Line P2s, and I am really liking them on approach shots. It's a really good mold.

Thank you sir! If you can't tell I'm certainly a fan of this mold. When I play putter only rounds I feel like I almost have an unfair advantage to my friends who carry no less than three putter molds.

Latest posts