• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf State

I agree that hands down the northeast portion of the country has the best disc golf scene overall with tons of great courses...from what I hear.
I was not even implying anything of the kind. In terms of number of courses, I'd say that the Northeast is actually very lacking considering it has a much higher population. All six New England states have 71 courses combined in the directory. By comparison there are five states in the upper midwest that have passed the century mark each.

The title of this thread was "best disc golf state" which by definition is confined to "jurisdicional boundaries". So pound for pound that puts Connecticut at the top of the list.
Which just makes the list meaningless as a major criteria for placement is something that has nothing to do with disc golf, namely boundaries that were drawn over 100 years ago. We could substitute bowling alleys or tanning salons for disc courses, and we'd likely see the same skewering in favor of states with a small land mass.

I was not even implying anything of the kind. In terms of number of courses, I'd say that the Northeast is actually very lacking considering it has a much higher population. All six New England states have 71 courses combined in the directory. By comparison there are five states in the upper midwest that have passed the century mark each.
QUOTE]

I guess by Northeast, I was thinking more along the lines of northeast of Texas...which to me includes Kentucky, Tennesee, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. Forgive my geographic ignorance.

I guess by Northeast, I was thinking more along the lines of northeast of Texas...which to me includes Kentucky, Tennesee, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. Forgive my geographic ignorance.

Woah.

/Keanu

Massachusetts in the house!

I have only played in two states, so I vote my home state.
Massachusetts!:D
I think I have 5 or 6 inside 20 miles now and thats PHAT;), we had sh!t just about 5 years back, now we come with some fine courses and a good density of them, Crane Hill just opened up-Thanks Davis Johnson, former world record holder and Mass resident.:) HCC is 18 , Conway is the real thing, Maple Hill, the 4 dams, we rock!:cool:
we will never have as many as Mn or the Big T, but how can we? we are only so big!
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Woah.

/Keanu

That was very Texacentric of me.
This is why I'm taking a road trip this summer to play some disc golf outside of Texas. I'm heading northeast, btw, which I guess is what got my thinking all screwed up. I plan to hit some courses in Tennesse,Kentucky, Ohio, and hopefully make it as far as Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

some of you should make a trip out here to oregon. the summer is really nice and whistlers doesnt have that many reviews so it needs some love

I read yesterday that Texas has more square miles of surface water (lakes, rivers, streams, ocean) than any other state. It has nothing to do with disc golf but who cares. Texas is amazing. Late July and August are pretty hot but the rest of the year has perfect discin' weather.

Latest posts