• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best forehand distance driver?

Stable

* Ace Member *
I currently use the Innova Destroyer as my D.O.C. (disc of choice) for forehand distance drives. I would like to hear from others as to what they use to get "flick" distance.

Legacy Rampage.

IMGP0462.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the TeeRex because the depth of the rim fits my fingers the best. I think it is sometimes forgotten among all of the other Innova discs.

However, I have also been trying lately the Riot. If I need a really big fade then I sometimes carry a Tsunami. The TeeRex just feels the best (after it is beat in some).

I can't flick much farther than 250', but my friend who can bomb forehand shots likes Star Bosses.

I use a Champion Destroyer for my Distance Forehand. It is exactly like an XCal if you get a pop topped one. I can get it to about 350ft on a good clean throw.

I use Champ Destroyers also for distince forehands. Stable enough to power up, but maximizes distance with a little turn and fade back instead of straight fade.

I second the star boss. I can flick that really well. Also disccraft flick for a slower disc than the boss. I recently started to flick the flow as well which has been working good when u flick w a slight hyzer.

no one berate me...

I'm sure this won't go over well, but I use two grooves for almost all my flick drives. I know, I know, they are the worst disc ever made and such, but they are incredibly consistent for me. I also use a discraft flick that I really like when I need to hook it left, but it definitely goes L-E-F-T at the end (or right for a large segment of the population).

Forehands

I throw about 85% forehand.

Distance and even strong winds (I live in tx). Star katana 380' has big skip at end.

I'm right handed and can get this disc to turn left (hyzer) quite well- champ sidewinder 320'

Personal Fav, a beat in 174 champ valkerie! Has a nice fade to the right at the end.

I have a nicely seasoned Star Destroyer that I use mostly. Previous to that I used a Champ Wraith, but I took it out of the bag because that's all I used it for. It has more fade than my Destro, but I can use them for the same shots.

I'd been flicking some low 160s Orcs, which got me about '275+, but lost them both on consecutive days last week. Currently fingering :D a 169 Valk, which seems to have the right flight but is a bit too heavy.