• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best High Glide Putters?

Thanks everyone for more advice and suggestions. As I already stated, I'm going to try a few different things and thanked everyone for their suggestions and putting advice. No more suggestions needed at this point ;)

1. Find a higher glide putter and try it out for a few months, see if it's better or worse

2. Find a 165-170g version of whatever putter I end up going with to replace my P2s (I just ordered an Alpaca, so if that flies and feels like a P2, then I'll buy a few lighter ones to pair with the max weight one)

3. Work on getting better at putting. Adjusting my throwing style, height and power depending on the distance and worry more about becoming a good putter, and not trying to find a disc to fill a slot I think I need

Also, I already Berg's. I have 4 of them. For me, they aren't great for putting, they have no glide and fly weird. I only use them to putt when on a severe slope down or up close in the wind. But they work incredible for approaches. I also use them when in that weird distance of a really long putt, but shorter than a throw. They work amazing for that and my only two hole outs ever have been with a Berg.

***Thanks again everyone, thread closed***

Keystone is pretty neutral and has crazy glide, but I think it comes at the expense of control.

I like slow, glidey putters with as little fade as possible and my favorites are P1/P1x/Xero.

Why do you think that? I putt with Keystones and for me the neutrality makes them very controllable. I actually took the Polecat out for awhile because I got good at jump-putting Keystones from circle 2+.

Why do you think that? I putt with Keystones and for me the neutrality makes them very controllable. I actually took the Polecat out for awhile because I got good at jump-putting Keystones from circle 2+.

Eh, I could be wrong about a reduction in control. It could just be an archer not the arrow thing.

"I'm looking to add a high glide, super straight putter to my bag… for longer distance putts."
I am at the same spot. I got an old, used Aviar DX, and it is actually working very nice and straight from maybe 50' or less, though not a lot of glide. My long putts still need work, but that Aviar might be the right disc already in my bag. Just started working with a used MVP Atom, speed-glide is 3-3, that I am hoping is my answer for longer putts and approach shots that my current putters can't quite reach, but I also don't want to glide way past if I miss. Time will tell if that will work, but it seems to have potential. Personally, I hate light weight putters - those seem to me like they miss more, and worse, and land further away when they do miss. I have a newer, light weight Aviar DX, and it is total garbage for me. Putting tip: I have a basket at home (a must to be a very good putter). I use all of my putters every so often (even the ones I hate), because over time what you like, what works for you, may change - I originally hated that used Aviar that is now my favorite! Then, I evaluate, remove the ones I don't like (light weight discs get out), and practice more with the ones I do best with. Then, my best few make my bag for game days. Once I have definite favorites, get more or similar ones, so you have more of them to practice with, and maybe you even find a better, new favorite. Good luck all!

Try Prodigys p model Us, but i can tell you straight away that in no time it will transform to a too us at least for me trying to throw it with full send...

I also have a used Axiom Proxy Electron Soft, 3/3/-1/0.5. I didn't like it at first because the soft plastic made it seem like it didn't want to leave my hand clean…. But suddenly I am putting much better with it, put it in my bag today, played 18 holes throwing 2 discs each shot and playing from the best one, and I hit about a 40-50 foot putt for birdie with it! That was a nice surprise - I normally only make about 1 in 10 from that distance. But, I have been making more of my 30 foot putts lately (not 50% yet, but getting there), and my longer ones are getting closer. Finally been working on my putting a lot the last few weeks - boy can that trim strokes faster than working on drives. So my choice of putters to bag still a work in progress - I was a Deputy/Judge guy, but as I improve, and demand more from my putter from further away, I seem to like those less and less. Got several more putters I plan to try out going forward, too - see what happens. Anxious to find a solid favorite, that I can hit from all distances up to 50', get about ten of them, and really getting this putting thing down. Make up for my driver currently being stuck at 200-225 feet at best (which, believe it or not, is some progress).

I use a Glitch for most shots between 30' and 100'. I've been averaging 1-2 extra makes from that distance per round since I started using it.

Is Superwookie still around?

I'm definitely in the practice is more important than disc selection when it comes to putting camp. I've been a pretty good putter at various times with Aeros, Voodoos, Aviars, and Wizards. The times I was putting the best were also the times I was practicing the most though. We used to play a lot of dg horse with a wide variety of putters that I had laying around. Even though we'd be doing a lot of putts that you wouldn't likely have on the course (down the stairs, from inside the shed, etc.), it still really helped because it guaranteed a ton of reps.

Is Superwookie still around?

I'm definitely in the practice is more important than disc selection when it comes to putting camp. I've been a pretty good putter at various times with Aeros, Voodoos, Aviars, and Wizards. The times I was putting the best were also the times I was practicing the most though. We used to play a lot of dg horse with a wide variety of putters that I had laying around. Even though we'd be doing a lot of putts that you wouldn't likely have on the course (down the stairs, from inside the shed, etc.), it still really helped because it guaranteed a ton of reps.
Putting - I agree reps matter. Reps lately matter. But I also notice a difference among putters. I am best with heavy weight, straight putters, least amount of fade, feel good in my hand, and release clean from my hand. Some glide for longer putts, but not so much that they glide a mile past if they miss the chains. As I get better at putting, I am demanding (from myself) more makes from further away, and I notice my old putters, Deputy and mostly Judges, seem to float too much at times, fade too much at times, and they just feel big (circumference) and clunky in my hand compared to discs that are becoming my new favorites. Also, trying one time now to find a single favorite, so I can stock up about 10 of them, then do most of my practice with all the same disc…. I got up to 6-7 Judges when my putting improved, and I realized that is no longer the putter I prefer - ugh.

Last edited:
I use a Glitch for most shots between 30' and 100'. I've been averaging 1-2 extra makes from that distance per round since I started using it.
When you miss with a Glitch, do you find it glides way past, or are you able to keep misses close to the basket? Two concerns I had about Glitch - first that, will the huge glide number make misses go way past, and second, every time I see them, $21 new. Have found none used, and none with a lower price. Big price difference from putters that are maybe $10-12 new, and $5 used, especially when I want ten of them if they become my favorite. Though, if they definitely make me better, I would gladly pay $20 each. I just don't want to test a bunch of $20 putters if they have little chance of being my favorite. Thanks!

Putting - I agree reps matter. Reps lately matter. But I also notice a difference among putters. I am best with heavy weight, straight putters, least amount of fade, feel good in my hand, and release clean from my hand. Some glide for longer putts, but not so much that they glide a mile past if they miss the chains. As I get better at putting, I am demanding (from myself) more makes from further away, and I notice my old putters, Deputy and mostly Judges, seem to float too much at times, fade too much at times, and they just feel big (circumference) and clunky in my hand compared to discs that are becoming my new favorites. Also, trying one time now to find a single favorite, so I can stock up about 10 of them, then do most of my practice with all the same disc…. I got up to 6-7 Judges when my putting improved, and I realized that is no longer the putter I prefer - ugh.
Inside the circle, I don't think the disc really matters. I don't think they're flying fast enough for the differences in shape/aerodynamics to have a noticeable effect on flight.

I had a wide range of putters in the practice basket including a DX Birdie and a champ Rhyno. As long as I got a solid grip and finished with good finger push/pop, they all flew the same inside the circle. When you're getting to the edge of your putting range, I think you start to see differences.

I've messed around with a lot of putters over the years and I'm convinced all that matters (again inside the circle) is finding something that feels good in your hand and you can get a good grip on consistently.

Inside the circle, I don't think the disc really matters. I don't think they're flying fast enough for the differences in shape/aerodynamics to have a noticeable effect on flight.

I had a wide range of putters in the practice basket including a DX Birdie and a champ Rhyno. As long as I got a solid grip and finished with good finger push/pop, they all flew the same inside the circle. When you're getting to the edge of your putting range, I think you start to see differences.

I've messed around with a lot of putters over the years and I'm convinced all that matters (again inside the circle) is finding something that feels good in your hand and you can get a good grip on consistently.
For me, 10 feet or less, maybe 15 feet or less, putter doesn't matter too much. As I go to 20-50 feet, I notice more differences. Some fly straighter than others, some have too much turn and/or fade, lighter weight putters definitely not nearly as accurate for me as heavier putters. Plus some feel better in my hand, and/or release better than others. So, thinking if I find what I like best for longer putts, use it for all of my putting and most of my practice, then one favorite putter will work, and I just need about ten of it so I can practice everything with my go to putter, learn it, and get good with it. That's the idea/plan, at least.

When you miss with a Glitch, do you find it glides way past, or are you able to keep misses close to the basket? Two concerns I had about Glitch - first that, will the huge glide number make misses go way past, and second, every time I see them, $21 new. Have found none used, and none with a lower price. Big price difference from putters that are maybe $10-12 new, and $5 used, especially when I want ten of them if they become my favorite. Though, if they definitely make me better, I would gladly pay $20 each. I just don't want to test a bunch of $20 putters if they have little chance of being my favorite. Thanks!
If I try to 'throw' the Glitch inside of 100', then yes, it can shoot past. But if you just putt with it, then no. The trick is more wrist less arm. While the Glitch is glidey, when it runs out of steam, it drops pretty quickly. I wouldn't use it as your main putter, only outside of 30'. You shouldn't need 10 of them. One or two will do. The reason you never find them used is because they're fun discs. Even the people who don't bag them generally find them useful as a catch disc.

So, original poster said "end this thread", but I think it is a great thread that applies to most of us DG addicts! How do we make more putts, from further away, while also leaving our come back putt close if we miss???! I will share my two cents worth, and welcome any constructive feedback! First, I have only been playing DG about 2-3 months. At first, I really, really sucked at putting. Worst in my regular foursome - had zero confidence in my putting. I bought a MVP Black Hole Pro (I paid $150 on Amazon). I read a bunch of tips on putting. I practiced, a lot. Proud to say I think I am now the best putter in my foursome. I think a putter has to feel good in your hand, release clean for you, and go as straight as possible (really hard to consistently knock down a high percentage of putts if you are curving them much at all). I think you also need to find a form that works best for you. Going to show an idea of my make percentage at a few distances, then use to expand on a concept:
10' - 99%. 15' - 85%. 20' - 70%. 30' and beyond - 10%. So here is the concept: improve your putting from 20' and in, and now your misses have a pretty good margin of error. That allows you to go for the make more often, from further out, with less fear of a comeback shot you won't make. From 30-50', I go for the make every time (I used to have to try to lay up close on those shots). I only make 10%, but getting closer more often, and definitely close to improvement (especially at 30'). Also, if I miss, 90% of the time I make my comeback putt. This with only a month or two of work - I fully expect more improvement. Also learning how hard to throw to get best chance at a make, while still keeping misses close enough for a comeback shot I am confident I can make. Feedback???

So, my form does not match what most videos/pros are teaching, but it works for me. I will share tips, and most are what the videos are teaching. I decided early on, I only wanted one style of putting, that I can get real good at. I can not get enough distance push putting, so spin putting was an easy choice. Most videos teach spin putting as stand facing the basket, start disc from around your stomach, bring disc up and throw while rocking your body weight forward for power. I went a completely different way here. My stance is more like a traditional driving stance, perpendicular to the basket, feet a bit staggered. This allows me to get full arm range of motion, so I can get much more power more easily. I start the disc about shoulder height, bring it back and forth a few times, and when the stroke feels comfortable, throw it, trying for a straight line to my target. Those are my major differences. Similarities: a big help for me was stop aiming at the chains, and pick a single chain link to aim for! My throw - kind of elbow leads, arm follows, finish with wrist flick, and at end of throw my hand ends as if I am reaching out to shake hands with the link I am aiming at. Elbow, arm, wrist - all aim for the same single chain link - I never take my eyes off the one link. I throw a little bit through the link - I want enough power to hit it, and not come up short. I can throw too hard and make it - I can't make it if I am short. Most of my misses now are long, but left within 10-15 feet, so 90% of the time I still get an easy two putt. More tips - practice daily, or at least several times a week. Find a putter, and style, that feel comfortable to you. I set up semi-permanent markers (half buried golf balls) every 5 feet in my yard, up to 50 feet. Practice does not suck - it is fun! There are a ton of ways to practice - change it up, keep it fresh. Alone, try percentages at the different distances. Do a make it, advance 5 feet further, miss and stay same or come closer - see how far you can advance with ten throws, etc. From 50 feet, throw ten putters, and finish each one - how many makes, two putts, and hopefully no 3 putts! Scatter putters randomly and try to make them all. With family or friends - some of the same games, but also basketball type games - Horse, Pig, 21, Around The World. Practice curving shots from around the corner of the house, behind that tree, etc. - left curves and right curves. Make practice fun, and you will do it more often, and get better. Think it is boring, do it less, and…. Also, trust me, much easier to improve at putting, and save more strokes, faster, than at driving! Also, when you go from worst putter to best putter on game day, and your group starts asking what putter you use, how did you get good so fast, etc. - you will like practicing even more!

I am at the same spot. I got an old, used Aviar DX, and it is actually working very nice and straight from maybe 50' or less, though not a lot of glide. My long putts still need work, but that Aviar might be the right disc already in my bag. Just started working with a used MVP Atom, speed-glide is 3-3, that I am hoping is my answer for longer putts and approach shots that my current putters can't quite reach, but I also don't want to glide way past if I miss. Time will tell if that will work, but it seems to have potential. Personally, I hate light weight putters - those seem to me like they miss more, and worse, and land further away when they do miss. I have a newer, light weight Aviar DX, and it is total garbage for me. Putting tip: I have a basket at home (a must to be a very good putter). I use all of my putters every so often (even the ones I hate), because over time what you like, what works for you, may change - I originally hated that used Aviar that is now my favorite! Then, I evaluate, remove the ones I don't like (light weight discs get out), and practice more with the ones I do best with. Then, my best few make my bag for game days. Once I have definite favorites, get more or similar ones, so you have more of them to practice with, and maybe you even find a better, new favorite. Good luck all!

I also have a used Axiom Proxy Electron Soft, 3/3/-1/0.5. I didn't like it at first because the soft plastic made it seem like it didn't want to leave my hand clean…. But suddenly I am putting much better with it, put it in my bag today, played 18 holes throwing 2 discs each shot and playing from the best one, and I hit about a 40-50 foot putt for birdie with it! That was a nice surprise - I normally only make about 1 in 10 from that distance. But, I have been making more of my 30 foot putts lately (not 50% yet, but getting there), and my longer ones are getting closer. Finally been working on my putting a lot the last few weeks - boy can that trim strokes faster than working on drives. So my choice of putters to bag still a work in progress - I was a Deputy/Judge guy, but as I improve, and demand more from my putter from further away, I seem to like those less and less. Got several more putters I plan to try out going forward, too - see what happens. Anxious to find a solid favorite, that I can hit from all distances up to 50', get about ten of them, and really getting this putting thing down. Make up for my driver currently being stuck at 200-225 feet at best (which, believe it or not, is some progress

So, my form does not match what most videos/pros are teaching, but it works for me. I will share tips, and most are what the videos are teaching. I decided early on, I only wanted one style of putting, that I can get real good at. I can not get enough distance push putting, so spin putting was an easy choice. Most videos teach spin putting as stand facing the basket, start disc from around your stomach, bring disc up and throw while rocking your body weight forward for power. I went a completely different way here. My stance is more like a traditional driving stance, perpendicular to the basket, feet a bit staggered. This allows me to get full arm range of motion, so I can get much more power more easily. I start the disc about shoulder height, bring it back and forth a few times, and when the stroke feels comfortable, throw it, trying for a straight line to my target. Those are my major differences. Similarities: a big help for me was stop aiming at the chains, and pick a single chain link to aim for! My throw - kind of elbow leads, arm follows, finish with wrist flick, and at end of throw my hand ends as if I am reaching out to shake hands with the link I am aiming at. Elbow, arm, wrist - all aim for the same single chain link - I never take my eyes off the one link. I throw a little bit through the link - I want enough power to hit it, and not come up short. I can throw too hard and make it - I can't make it if I am short. Most of my misses now are long, but left within 10-15 feet, so 90% of the time I still get an easy two putt. More tips - practice daily, or at least several times a week. Find a putter, and style, that feel comfortable to you. I set up semi-permanent markers (half buried golf balls) every 5 feet in my yard, up to 50 feet. Practice does not suck - it is fun! There are a ton of ways to practice - change it up, keep it fresh. Alone, try percentages at the different distances. Do a make it, advance 5 feet further, miss and stay same or come closer - see how far you can advance with ten throws, etc. From 50 feet, throw ten putters, and finish each one - how many makes, two putts, and hopefully no 3 putts! Scatter putters randomly and try to make them all. With family or friends - some of the same games, but also basketball type games - Horse, Pig, 21, Around The World. Practice curving shots from around the corner of the house, behind that tree, etc. - left curves and right curves. Make practice fun, and you will do it more often, and get better. Think it is boring, do it less, and…. Also, trust me, much easier to improve at putting, and save more strokes, faster, than at driving! Also, when you go from worst putter to best putter on game day, and your group starts asking what putter you use, how did you get good so fast, etc. - you will like practicing even more!
Did you know there's a technique and strategy sub forum? You and Sheep can share form tips there.

Got another question about putters (I'm starting to actually care about putting lately, practicing more, and getting better). So I really want to dial in my putters, as I'm noticing my scores going down, JUST because of the slight increase in consistency and making some longer 20-30' putts more often in a rd.

So I'm looking to add a high glide, super straight putter to my bag, to compliment my regular putters (right now it's some old P2's) for longer distance putts. So for me, since I'm still not even a decent putter (30' or more is long to me) I rarely make putts longer than that. And my % of making putts past 20' is also very low.

And last weekend I played with a guy that had a neat putter, it was an MVP, I think it was called a Nomad? And he said it was a high glide super straight, long distance putter. So he let me try it a few times and I could tell right away that it flew different than my putters. I gave it the same amount of power as I would have for the distance and it just kept going and was super straight. I kept missing high and little right. Which makes sense, since it has more glide and is straighter than my putters. And I was very intrigued by it. And started thinking of how I could shave off even more strokes if I had a putter that went in more from longer distances. Or at least allowed me to get really close more often. I end up putting all sorts of horrible body english and bad form into my longer 40-80' putts and sometimes end up really far away and 3 putt. Which is just pathetic. So I started thinking that if I could add a higher glide super straight putter to my bag, I could shave off another 1-3 strokes per 18 holes. And another putter in place of one my many FW's or drivers would be a much smarter disc to have. I'm not going to be shaving strokes off my rd by having 10-15 FW's/Drivers in my bag. But adding a putter that helps me make 1-2 long putts, and get me close the other times will!

So I'm just looking for some good suggestions. Nothing with crazy glide that goes forever 20' past the basket if you miss. But more than the normal 3 that most putters have. So I'm thinking 4, maybe 5 glide? And also, I'd really like it to be super straight in it's flight, with almost or no fade at all. If thrown flat, it just keeps going straight.

Also, my favorite putters for feel/shape are the Pure and old S line P2's. Not too deep, but not too shallow. I love the feel of shallow discs and putters, but for some reason, shallow putters (like my Reko or Link) just aren't that consistent and I don't make that many longer putts with them. Whereas I make more putts with my P2's and my Opto Glimmer Pure (that I usually only throw with). Go figure. Also no large beads or anything that catches your finger easily. I like a putter that just glides out of your hand. If it has a small round bead that doesn't affect the release, then I'm fine with it.

The few putters I've seen so far that seem to be like what I'm looking for are the Mercy, Keystone, Nomad, Warden, and a Pilot. But I'm sure there are others.

Thanks
there are too many choices.
pick what ever you can throw on your aim line.
then buy 5-10'of the exact same disc,
weight, color, stamp.
that is putter base. for a longer shot try same putter 5 grams less. some discs up to 10. maybe even 150g
innova proshop you can buy factory seconds to save some $$$- call them

so much depends on putting form and confidence.
stack of identical putters eliminates the mental excuse to blame the disc.
added bonus, you already have backups.
i find that discs are nearly impossible to find another one just the same as the good one.

if you like a thin rim,
Rpm Tui, Gateway Shaman

Innova Polecat is great at low speed.

GStar Aviar is great.
Innova Dx Aviar or XT is great,

EV-7 Phi, OG Soft

is killer and on sale at Marshall Street

i love soft putters, for 3 reasons

1. slower and settle down
2. great grip
3. Sticks to Chains

The Gateway 4s soft putters are good.
Wizard, Warlock, Magic,
Shaman - faster - yet can throw slower

take a stack and bang 1000 putts at close range, -
then move back 5 feet, repeat.

any form that is easy for you, make it yours!
if you miss right often. add 10 -20 degrees hyzer angle.

i am a RHBH technician,
straddle putt close in. smash putt. soft putters
move left foot back as distance increases.

good luck pick one main putter. buy a bunch.

the 170g polecat in Dx is great for long upshots and if you dial it in, strait in the chains.

I also like hitting Play It Again Sports and a small local shop that both sell used discs - you can try out a lot of putters at $3-5 used putter prices! Agree completely - once you find "your" putter, get ten of them, so you can do most of your practice with the same disc - learn it well (and have backups).