• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best iPhone scorecard app???

Suey's Looper

Looking for the best scorecard app...doesn't need to map anything, just want it to remember scores, averages, and courses (par, distances of holes), and maybe discs used. It should be able to do this for multiple players. Something like Easy Scorecard Pro for the iPhone...

I use uDisk. I love it and use it for every round. It doesn't have hole maps and distances though.

edit: just updated app. Looks like if distances/maps are available for the course they will now show up.

UDisc is the way to go. The forthcoming maps feature is very cool. Plus, it keeps track of all those stats for multiple users.

I use the PDGA app. $4.99 I believe but it's worth it IMO. It uses the PDGA course database and shows you all the nearby courses based on your current location. The feature I enjoy the most is the round ratings. I've compared the the round ratings from the app to actual tournament ratings and they are surprisingly close (maybe 10-20 Pts inflated in some cases). Scoring and hole distances are easy to enter and change.

Dg caddy is what I use it keep my scores from the beginning (last February) it keeps course average, hole average and can even keep putt average on each hole.

I use the PDGA app. $4.99 I believe but it's worth it IMO. It uses the PDGA course database and shows you all the nearby courses based on your current location. The feature I enjoy the most is the round ratings. I've compared the the round ratings from the app to actual tournament ratings and they are surprisingly close (maybe 10-20 Pts inflated in some cases). Scoring and hole distances are easy to enter and change.

Haven't used that, but it sounds interesting.

I highly recommend uDisc.

Ive been using the PDGA app since it came out. Its the best one I have used to date(havent tried uDisc yet) But you can add distance to it but the only Issue I have ever had with distances is that no app asks you what pin and pad you play. My home courses have long and short tees and up to 4 different pins for each hole. SO with that being said, having distance on the app isnt that big of a deal.

Another vote for uDisc. Does everything you need it to and more. Discasaurus was not good, IMO and got replaced as soon as I found uDisc. Also the uDisc developer is super easy to contact with issues/bugs and keeps track of email and his app's facebook page.

I use the PDGA app. $4.99 for it, which is WAY overprices for the little bit it does. I have friends who have both PDGA and udisc. They all perfer udisc over pdga. PDGA app is very basic and in the year and a half that I have had it, it has yet to have a update. It will use your current location to check for courses. You can calculate your ratings based on what they use for holes (18 holes at my local course). So when I play 20 holes (tourney layout), I cannot calculate my round...which blows. This app would be worth the money if they would put a little time and effort into it and come out with a update. Maybe add a tourney list on it so you can check the website off of it, or atleast add more courses to it that have not had a tourney at it.

Tried both Discasaurus and UDisc and I gotta say that UDisc is 100 times better.

+1 for UDisc. I have tried many others, and it has replaced them all for me.

I use one called Golf Scorecards by Dustin Kirk Sports. It's 99 cents, it's easy to input scores, you can label and save rounds up to 27 holes each (I have 9 saved rounds so far), label player names up to 6 players, set pars per hole. There are absolutely no frills at all though, no distance recording, no GPS, no map, just straight scores, which is why I love it.
I personally don't like having to put in a course location or input a new course just to track a round... Just my preference though. I have seen some of the other apps that are wicked cool once set up.

Last edited:
True, but it's only $1.99 for an app that's 100 times better than the free one. A very reasonable investment.

Hear ya that it is only 2 bones.

Half the time I can keep score in my head. The only time I need to use an app or write it down would be if I need to keep up with my playing parnters scores.

What am I missing? Will it help me score better? That sounds mean but really what does it do?

To be honest I have yet to pay for an app or music download.
Just not that important to me. I could live without a cell phone.
I have one of those fancy "smart" phones but to me, it is a phone.

Don't watch much TV either. I could get by without cable if I did not have children. Sure wish I could disconnect it.
I remember the days when we had 9-12 channels and I was the remote control.
Father would say, go change the channel. I would get up and twist that knob to find something that was not worth watching.
Heck, we even had TV's with bunny ears. Wrapping those things with aluminium foil just to be able to watch one/two channels on a black and white TV is a memory I will never be able to erase.

Discasaurus was one of the ones on the bottomr of the list for me. But then again I havent tried it in over year so maybe it got better.

Latest posts