• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best low profile thin rimmed putter for putting.

rgt286

Par Member
Hey all,

So I use a Warden for my main putting duties, but I was wondering if anyone feels like there is a better low profile putter out there. The reason I ask is because my hands are not very big and have trouble getting a good grip on putters like the Ion or the Wizard. I'm mostly a spin putter, if that makes any difference. What are your thoughts?

You'll love the Serpent from Reptilian Disc Golf. It is deeper than the Warden, but as a fellow spin putter with small hands I found it very easy to use and intuitave to use for putts and upshots. I'm on my cell phone so I can't post the video on here, but you can check my video review of it for Hucking Aces on YouTube.

Never used a Warden. The new MVP Atom is nice and shallow and has a nice stable, neutral flight.

I say this and I am no MVP fanboy but the Atom might become an addition to my bag for long approaches and long runs at the basket...:eek:.

The Atom was what I expected a Pure to do/be for me that it didn't...and I bag mostly Lat and say that.

Now I want a better plastic version of the Atom :doh:.

Last edited:
You should check out the Gateway Shaman in S or SS. They are pretty much what your looking for. They really are just flattened Magics.

You should check out the Gateway Shaman in S or SS. They are pretty much what your looking for. They really are just flattened Magics.

Agreed. The shaman and chief don't get much love. But, when someone asks for a low profile putter, those are them. The shaman beadless and the chief beaded.

Agreed. The shaman and chief don't get much love. But, when someone asks for a low profile putter, those are them. The shaman beadless and the chief beaded.

I've got the new thumbtrac version of both of these coming in the mail to compliment my rhynos. Should make them feel even lower profile

The DGA Breaker/Discraft Ringer are very slim, but also have some overstability to them.

I am rocking this combo right now. As ringers break in they get really straight while retaining a lot of their hss. A summit would also be a great choice if you want an understable putter.

The Envy is pretty spectacular. I use a soft N for putts. If you like premium plastic over baseline you should check it out, otherwise check out an Atom.

I've had the same issue as you, didn't like the feel of the Ion, Wizard or Warden that much. The Envy just clicked with me.

The new Atom is a great option, in regular Electron plastic. Shallow, great feel, consistent stable flight. It's a winner for those looking to step away from deeper putters like the Ion.

I use magics for putting.
Pures and zones for throwing.
All 3 are shallow, and would be a good choice.

The lat64 Spike is shallow and pretty straight. The Pure is just a little taller.

Also might want to fondle a Yeti, with it's sunken top, it feels more shallow than an Aviar

Prodigy Pa3, has a bead. Pa4 is under stable, no bead. These are actually low profile, and usually slightly puddled.

The Serpent is a great disc, but it is by no means low profile. I find my Atoms to have close to the same flight characteristics as the Serpent with a true low profile. Its going to be an interesting year for me with putters.

Latest posts