• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Mega-understable Envy?

You sound bitter dude, not sure what I did to incur this. If you have something helpful, I'm all ears.

Not bitter at all. Legitimately confused. Your original post and the post I quoted are seemingly in contradiction to each other.

But other than what i stated in my initial post, I've got nothing more useful. So I'll see myself out.

If it's not clear, I observe that my Paradox (5/5/-4/0?) demonstrates the flight behavior I'd like to explore. But it spits out too much. What it does that I want to explore is stay within a more narrow cone of flight especially as it approaches the basket from longer range (70-90').

At the speed of a putting stroke, even a hard spin putt, you're not really reaching that full -4, and I'm sure you already know that. Something that starts at a -1 in base plastic will pretty quickly beat in to be even more US. I have a Proxy that is totally unusable for me because it's beaten in to the point where it overlaps with significantly better US molds in my bag. It's become my wife's go-to putter outside the circle though. We both putt with Envies as well, but she loves the added straightness outside the circle. It sounds like your putting styles are rather different, so YMMV, but she uses a Proxy for almost the exact use case you describe.

My original inclination was to suggest the Atom as others have, because I feel like it's a more linear progression from the Envy, but reading some of your responses it seems like you want to go further down the US rabbit hole than that.

TL : DR Atom might work, Proxy is probably better. Both will need break-in time.

Not bitter at all. Legitimately confused. Your original post and the post I quoted are seemingly in contradiction to each other.

But other than what i stated in my initial post, I've got nothing more useful. So I'll see myself out.

Gotcha. It's such a corner case that I get it, and apologize for my ire.

This idea came to me during a long sesh at the local working on C2s.

I noticed that my ability to gauge depth on hyzer-finishing longer putts was an issue, and when I used my Paradox or Tursas, I had both easier forward penetration and the average bank angle or flight vector was more in line with the line from me to the basket. If I don't have to guess about that special hyzer line that connects, but could instead run it more directly at the target, perhaps I'd have a more consistent C2 technique?

It was enough of an epiphany that I wanted to explore it more, because the puzzle solver that runs 24/7 told me to. So that's why I ask.

Having said that, I did a bunch of work today exploring this same thing, and the only thing I can say is that I'm probably better off just continuing to dial in the same old hyzer finish type Envy C2 long bid, try to get better at the distance and hyzer dump finish magic.

We are talking about fractions of a stroke over the course of the year, but the act of making a C2 putt itself is so satisfying that I feel it's worth honoring my intuition.

From work today with Proxy and Swan reborn, I think that y'all nailed it in terms of feel and flight.

It's just an epiphany that I want to run to ground. May be that there's no point in doing this, but something told me to follow up after putting with Paradox and Tursas.

Really, all I want is to keep my same technique but find a disc that will make it a bit easier to hit chains instead of having to get the dumpy hyzer finish juuuuuuuuust right.

From work today with Proxy and Swan reborn, I think that y'all nailed it in terms of feel and flight.

It's just an epiphany that I want to run to ground. May be that there's no point in doing this, but something told me to follow up after putting with Paradox and Tursas.

Really, all I want is to keep my same technique but find a disc that will make it a bit easier to hit chains instead of having to get the dumpy hyzer finish juuuuuuuuust right.

I do that shot with a Megasoft Swan 2 that is beat in to the point it's probably less stable than your swan, and it does it beautifully. You can putt normally and it finishes straight, and I save a stroke every now and again with this around a tree anhyzer putt it does so well.

Fwiw I worked on developing that with magics way back when... worked great until the headwind showed up.

Good luck though sounds fun

Latest posts