• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best portable speaker under $50??

chowee21

Par Member
I enjoy listening to a little music, but didn't really want to buy a $100+ bluetooth speaker.

I'd like something with pretty good bass and has better sound then my iPhone speaker.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a Bluetooth speaker.

I looked at the JBL Clip Portable Bluetooth Speaker but didn't get to crank it as I was in a store.

ive never paid over $20 for one and they all work amazing. even copped a water proof one for $12 which was almost too loud even on the low setting.

Don't even spend $50 lol.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I ended up getting the DKnight Magicbox Ultra-Portable speaker. Seems like it has pretty good sound, good battery life and affordable ($32 including 2 day ship w/A.P.)

Thanks for everyone's input.

I ended up getting the DKnight Magicbox Ultra-Portable speaker. Seems like it has pretty good sound, good battery life and affordable ($32 including 2 day ship w/A.P.)

All you'll really get is "pretty good" for the $50 range. Not being a dick, but it's true... All depends on what you're going for.

The clip is the probably the best for that range however.

All you'll really get is "pretty good" for the $50 range. Not being a dick, but it's true... All depends on what you're going for.

The clip is the probably the best for that range however.

not even close. The technology has gone down 10 fold in cost over the past year. You don't need to spend big money for a DISC GOLF course speaker. If you want Bluetooth home entertainment or sports options sure something better might fit but no reason to spend the $ on a **** ass portable speaker. I use 2 on jobs all the time much more hard core on them than even disc golf with one covered in paint and been outside etc but still rocks hard and my crew loves them.

Hell my cellphone alone not even on half volume did its justice today. I don't even see a need for some speaker out on the course.

So i've used the JBL Charge, Jawbone Jam box, and Bose soundlink color out on the disc golf course... so we'll see how this one measures to up them.

If this can even marginally measure up to them such that battery, clarity, and sound is on par, i'll be satisfied. That extra $100 can be used to buy for discs and or equipment (maybe that practice basket I've been eyeing to get.)

It's the JBL Clip for me. Great sound for it's size and good battery life.

I carry a JBL Flip. I got mine from AmericanTV for $59.99 when they were going out of business a year or so ago. I have seen the first edition go for $45-$60 if you can find them still. The second edition is around $80. It has a pretty decent battery on it and the sound is good too. I think the last time it held a charge for 8 hours. It was more than enough for three rounds of dg. It also fits nicely in one of my water bottle holders on my backpack.

The JBL Clip is also nice. I contemplated getting that instead, but decided on the Flip because it sounded a better.

The JBL Flip fits nicely in my water bottle holder on my bike :D

I use a hydration pack for water while riding...so not really a big deal for me to give up that convenience.

Ecoxgear Pebble. 59 retail but 37 @ Costco. Waterproof, clips on the bag, sounds great, and 7 hours of battery life. It is also mountable. This thing is awesome.

Last edited: