• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music During Cash League Rounds

Seasonal depression (or whatever else one might be going through) sucks, but it's also not cool to take it out on other people.

Yeah you never know what's going on, extra stuff seems to come with the holidays... its like a catalyst for events.. especially wifey pressure and holiday bills. I was cleaning for two or three days and there was an anxiety blowout over here when I moved a dresser off the deck to make space (even though I was told not to) (and it was the right decision 😄)

Like fox said the guy was generally decent before, I'm with Biscoe might as well give him a douche pass for the day.

Cranky people all the time suck though, it is not what I want to experience when i play discgolf.

I'm this guy, although in recent years I keep the volume down. JBL for the win! Really wish there was a way to just replace the batteries in these things, frustrating that they're a 100 bucks and don't last more than 3 or so years.....I might switch over to that smaller clip thingy since I've been keeping the volume down anyways and for half the price you can't beat that
I hadn't thought much about their non replaceability... otherwise I love my clip 2, and my dad has a clip 3

I hadn't thought much about their non replaceability... otherwise I love my clip 2, and my dad has a clip 3
Yep, when my current JBL dies out I'm switching over to the clip whatever latest version is on the shelf. For half the price of the standard larger one you can't beat that value, and they're plenty loud enough, I'm not trying to DJ a dance hall, just want a little tunes sometimes when I'm out throwing. You and quite a few other guys have given them very positive reviews. The standard JBL flip series I have been through 3 of them, and they are tanks! It's just hard to justify the 120 + price tag (upwards of 200 if you get the large one) when the batteries die out in 3 or 4 years (albeit heavy use!) I guess that's not that bad....but if I can get one of those little guys to last that long for half the price (or even less) that's a win.

Yep, when my current JBL dies out I'm switching over to the clip whatever latest version is on the shelf. For half the price of the standard larger one you can't beat that value, and they're plenty loud enough, I'm not trying to DJ a dance hall, just want a little tunes sometimes when I'm out throwing. You and quite a few other guys have given them very positive reviews. The standard JBL flip series I have been through 3 of them, and they are tanks! It's just hard to justify the 120 + price tag (upwards of 200 if you get the large one) when the batteries die out in 3 or 4 years (albeit heavy use!) I guess that's not that bad....but if I can get one of those little guys to last that long for half the price (or even less) that's a win.
I have a old Clip 3 and new Clip 4. It's hard to beat the bang for the buck on them.

It's hilarious y'all are talking bout speakers. I know where you stand on this issue ;)
Music during a casual round with others? Sure I might put on music on the JBL if my friends are OK, but I probably only do that 10-25% of the time

Music during a casual round for myself? Single airpod

Music during competitive (including league) rounds? lol no

There is a weekly cash league at a private I have been playing for a few years now. Something fun to do on Saturdays and sometimes I play well enough to bring some extra folding money home.

So yesterday out of the blue one of the regulars on our card decides on his own to start playing his music loudly on a bluetooth speaker. It was unexpected because we have never done that at this league in the past. He didn't take the courtesy to ask us if we minded a little music or whatever. After a hole or two of figuring out how I was going to respond, I finally asked him if he minded turning the volume down. I didn't want to ruing the card vibe by asking him to completely shut it off, which is really what I wanted to do.

I personally don't even like listening to someone else's music during a casual round. If you want music, just put on ear buds or at least make sure ever one on the card is OK with it.

Has anyone else come across this at a cash league? I'm just wondering how others have dealt with this situation.
I get it... I would much rather have the person earbud it up! Most of the time the music just isn't my kind, and can be a but annoying...

Latest posts