• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music During a round

Rick Beato does an interesting breakdown of Bohemian Rhapsody, takes about 38 minutes to describe the different chords, progressions, etc... throughout the song.

I've really enjoyed his "What makes this song great," videos, where he breaks songs down and explains what's happening from the perspective of both a musician, and producer. Also like a few others where he discusses time sigs and intervals.

David Bennett piano is another good channel where he explains the basics really well.

Rick Beato does an interesting breakdown of Bohemian Rhapsody, takes about 38 minutes to describe the different chords, progressions, etc... throughout the song.

I believe he also plays dg, or at least did at one time. I used to visit a music forum, and there was a member with the same name, Rick Beato, who discovered disc golf.

Very knowledgable about all things music.

Music, no music, either works for me. But what cracks me up is when the guy with the speaker complains that some was talking during his throw..........

I know it seems counterintuitive but I understand the problem, at least for me. My music isn't full blast, so people talking is actually louder. Also my brain in the can kind of disregard the music...but someone talks and the brain is like 'must listen closely?'

tldr. My music no problem, people yammering big problem!

I know it seems counterintuitive but I understand the problem, at least for me. My music isn't full blast, so people talking is actually louder. Also my brain in the can kind of disregard the music...but someone talks and the brain is like 'must listen closely?'

tldr. My music no problem, people yammering big problem!

I'm the same way.....if someone is playing music...I tune it out. I was playing recently when another player in my group was playing music (with the okay of the group)....if I had been asked each hole what songs played....no clue. And yet, it wasn't super quiet and he didn't use headphones....it's just that I didn't focus on it. But it was also 'normal' music where there weren't sudden loud drum beats or other sudden 'explosions' of sound.

Of course, not everyone can focus out music/noise and that's why the rule exists in the Competition Manual about having to use headphones when playing music.

Talking and audible music doesn't really bother me. What I find distracting is when people play music, but turn it way down. So you know something is making noise, but you can't tell what it is. And that is pretty much the exact sound level you get when people try to be courteous with their music.

Latest posts