• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best shoes under $80?

DiscNutt123

Double Eagle Member
Looking to make my yearly shoe purchase. The last couple years I've been able to afford $100+, but this time I just can't swing it. What's the best shoe for DG under $80?

What have you tried already? Trail runners, boots, mid boots?

My last two pairs have come from marshals. merell moabs waterproof, 75$

NOrth face trail runner 65$ I have always had luck there finding good shoes for cheaper prices.

These may work approach shoes are meant for rock scrambling, the soles are more burly so hold up well on the tee. http://www.rei.com/product/829057/the-north-face-verto-approach-shoes-mens

REI has a big clearance sale going on.

I've only used trail running shoes and I can tell you, Nike is NOT the way to go. They are comfortable and look pretty good, but dont hold up well. The $40 New Balance from Academy were the best I have used so far, but I've never spent more than $50 or so on a pair of disc golf shoes.

New Balance 646's. Breathable sides, plastic toe cap to prevent damage to the upper, great tread and will last, all for $50 or so.

FOr reals if you have a marshalls go there to check it out. at the one near me there are at least 5 different great pairs of shoes under 80 that would be great dg shoes.

I am a big fan of R.E.I., which sells all kinds of incredible outdoor gear and allows you to become a member of the store. Every item you buy (except on sale items) counts towards a rebate from them, a yearly dividend check, you get 10% back of your total purchases.

This year I had a $40 dividend check, so I found some nice NorthFace trail running shoes for $120 and bought them. $40 off the top, got them for $80.00 and was very happy. If you are going to buy new shoes yearly, might be nice to get a kick back every year for doing so. Not to mention any other items you may need, jackets, gloves, hats, shorts, etc... all add to the possible dividend.

If you like the feel of running shoes but want a durable vibram sole, then check out the Saucony ProGrid Xodus. I just got some grey/green Xodus 2.0s for $75 off of amazon.

If you like the feel of running shoes but want a durable vibram sole, then check out the Saucony ProGrid Xodus. I just got some grey/green Xodus 2.0s for $75 off of amazon.

i wear these also and have been very pleased. can't go wrong with a trail shoe with a vibram sole.

I may sound like a freak here, but I have been using Duffs Skateboard/BMX shoes for years...mostly because that's all I wore as a teenager when I started to take our sport fairly seriously. Their soles are awesome for concrete pads, and they hold up real well...lost of rubber i.e. insoles, outstep

Do those Sauconys run big, small or just right for the sizes?

i'd say pretty true to size. i wear anywhere from an 11-12 depending on the company. i ordered mine in an 11 and they fit fine, a little snug with a pair of seal skins on though but that's because i wear a pair of socks underneath them. i've got another paid of saucony running shoes that are 11's also and they fit nice as well.

I use skateboarding shoes because they are comfy, very light, and very grippy. I'd be interested in trying a hiking type shoe but anything heavy or bootlike(or hightop like) is only going to be detrimental to my throwing.

This doesn't quite answer the original question.... But befriend an employee where you buy the $100 shoes.

I'm counting on a buddy of a buddy to hook me up with a 25% discount on a pair of $100 shoes.