• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

avia upstate "discshoe.com"

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Who's used these? I'm sure they aren't Salomon quality shoes, but I'm not above buying a couple pairs of $40 shoes and rotating them. If the heel to toe drop is too much, I won't be so worried about trying a cheap pair of shoes and getting the Altras that I've been looking at.

I put discshoe.com on there because they are just reselling these Avia models, for a much higher price ($60 vs $40 on amazon).

Initial impressions after a 27 hole round are actually pretty decent. Drop isn't too significant, feels flatter heel to toe than my Salomon X Crest I've used the last couple of years. Grip is good, pretty comfortable. Toe box isn't too narrow, but it feels like they run 1/2 size large so ymmv. I can't wear any adidas and have to buy Salomon half size up or wide also.

They are definitely light weight, so I'm interested to see how the materials can hold up. I'm not too overly concerned about grinding the tread off since I'm only 155lbs and don't have crazy distance, but time will tell.

I think they're a pretty safe grab at $40, but at $60 you can probably find something much more durable on clearance

Last edited:
I'm a few rounds in with some $15 barefoot shoes off Temu.com that my wife picked up. Holding up so far, and I'll buy a couple more pairs to start a rotation. None of the expensive shoes hold up, so I'm switching to cheap.

I don't know that barefoot shoes are the best of me at this stage in my life, but I might try them for that price. I'm definitely interested in zero drop shoes like Altra or Xero

I don't know that barefoot shoes are the best of me at this stage in my life, but I might try them for that price. I'm definitely interested in zero drop shoes like Altra or Xero

If you've never worn barefoot shoes before, your feet will be sore and tired for a while because you're using lots of little muscles you never have before. I'm 48y and started wearing them maybe 4-5y ago.

I personally love my Atlra running shoes for running. The ones I have certainly arent built for discing though. The Lone Peaks look interesting though. I've been seriously considering a pair for awhile.

Update: had to throw these out last week. They really started to fall apart. Toe cap separating (I don't drag my toes either), stitching coming apart, and bottom outsole really getting ground down.

Unfortunate because I liked the feel and fit of them. Not surprising because they were $40. Give them a shot but if you like them, expect to buy a few pairs during the heavy play season.

Latest posts