• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Adidas Terrex Peaked?

Been using Merrell Trail Gloves for the past maybe dozen rounds or so as apposed to Terrex's and my only complaint so far is that the Merrell's tend to twist and warp around my foot (think of Calvin and his Nike's doing whatever impossible things they do when he tees off) and that has lead to the top of my plant foot getting bruised and just outright feeling uncomfortable.

I havent noticed any difference in my game at all. My timing is still perfect, my putting is still crap, I still have the same grip on the tee and on the fairway. I think Im going to try some vivobarefoots once I need to buy a new pair. I like the build quality of the other vivos that I have and I feel like the trail versions will be beefier versions of their everyday shoes.

The reports were that the turf tees at Portland were too grippy, though. So, whatever the contribution of the Vans to Gibson's injury, I wouldn't think that too little grip was the issue. Although, like racing slicks, I would think a smoother sole shoe could be too grippy at times, and not enough at others.

Just an idle thought, though.

Not sure if any of you guys remember back to 2011 Worlds in Santa Cruz - Keen released a disc golf specific shoe call the Delaveaga, players pack included a pair.

Nice strong, snug fitting shoe, but the sole wore down pretty quickly to smooth all the way across, and was just too grippy for some teepads and your knee and ankle got torqued.

Attachments

• keen_delaveaga_mens.jpg
    keen_delaveaga_mens.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
Looks like I'm in the minority preferring Gore-Tex Terrex shoes and I'm okay with that. I've tried so many different shoes over the years and for my needs, they've done the trick. Most durable and least stink when wet compared to others.

They were large diameter, felt like a brick, quickly fell apart and Hooters girls were sent to distract you from the obvious problems, right?

Not sure if any of you guys remember back to 2011 Worlds in Santa Cruz - Keen released a disc golf specific shoe call the Delaveaga, players pack included a pair.

Nice strong, snug fitting shoe, but the sole wore down pretty quickly to smooth all the way across, and was just too grippy for some teepads and your knee and ankle got torqued.

Owned two pair, probably a tie with the Salomon xa pro 3D for favorite dg shoe ever.

I can't be positive about this, but I recall watching the Jomez Portland Open practice round and on one tee pad Big Jerm said someone's going to twist their ankle on this.

I believe the tee pad was not level and the right side was either higher or lower (can't remember) than the rest of the tee pad.

Again....that's what I recall. If I have a chance tonight, I'll re-watch it and update this.

I found it.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfn-mpm8FU
Hole 9 (41:31 mark). Jerm says he almost rolled his ankle on the tee pad.

In addition: Hole 4 tee pad looked bad, the front right corner hung down like a dog-earred page.

Hole 5, Jerm calls the slickest tee pad ever.

I loved these shoes and the next few models that followed these up. Once Keen stopped making a shoe like this I switched to Merrell and Adidas

I loved these shoes and the next few models that followed these up. Once Keen stopped making a shoe like this I switched to Merrell and Adidas

Yeah at one point Amazon had the Saltzmann WP's for $60 right as my second pair of De La's were on their last legs. I think after those is when I scored the xa pro 3d's for about $60 a pair, and been using some form of Salomon since.

I pulled the trigger on the Vans Ultrarange EXO so I will be able to tell more after some use. I tried the Ultrarange rapidweld first, very similar but more mesh fabric. The EXO model is said to have a bit more durability on the heal and around the toe box. The toe box and sole is a bit wider too on the EXO so it fit better for me because no matter the shoes, my right foot is always tighter on the top of my feet but with that one it feels great even without the breaking in period.

From the little I wore them, they are comfortable, very lightweight and minimalist feel like my Merrell Vapor Trail but with a thicker sole and cushion. I doubt it will be very long lasting shoes but if they last me a year I'll be fine with it.

The sole on those were pretty good, until they fell off…

i wore them once, didn't like them. Rivets in the sole made them totally uncomfortable. Sat in the garage for 3 months and next time I looked at them the sole had peeled right off both shoes.