• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best sidearm/flick putter

Since everyone agrees on the Zone, I'm gonna go with the Harp (currently have one that's putting up a good fight to stay in the bag) and the Breaker. The Harp is great, but only comes in BT Soft currently, which is tough because that plastic doesn't skip at all. Great predictable hit and stick disc, but I like something that will skip a little if I need it to. No worries in my bag though... That's the Zone's job. ;)

VP works pretty well, but i usually stick to my zone for hyzers and KC pro av or wizard for longer hyzer flip shots. the VP is a lil more stable and kinda fits right inbetween the zone and kc/wiz

Zone. I bought my first Zone about six months ago and after the very first flick i was pissed at myself for not getting this wonderful piece of plastic sooner. To me it's really like a mid putter hybrid because i can really crank on it without worry of flipping and get it out to 275 or so if i really want to. I love throwing rollers and grenades with it too it's such a versatile disc and the fact it's uber flat makes it even better. It's also the only non Innova disc i carry.

For straighter and/or less windy upshots I go with a Rhyno, if I need to work the disc a little more or the wind is up I go with Zone. Rhyno is also for the occasional FH putt.

I forehand all of my putters.. beat dx aviar for turnovers, yeti aviar for straight or anny, pa1 for flex shots and hyzers
but my favorite of the 3 is the yeti aviar, stable enough not to turnover but not so stable that it fades hard

Honestly it depends on the shot, I throw most up shots both FH and BH with a challenger. But certain shots I'll use a Ruby (like a high sidearm that needs to turn left the whole way but stay in the air where throwing BH won't work)

Forgot to mention the Banger GT great for sidearm putts with the groove giving your second finger something to stabilize your shot. I rarely have to use this shot so unless it's a course where it's heavily wooded around the basket I don't carry this disc.

any disc can be bh and fh. whatever you currently throw your putter for short up shots will be able to be flicked. makes your current upshot putter much more valuable and versatile. so to all the people saying there is no such thing...well they couldnt be more right on

I have Sinus and Opto Pure for throwing putters, so they are what I use. I prefer the Pure, if I am not forced to rip it, then Sinus is better. But then I would probably use a mid.

Latest posts