• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Spin Putters in DG?

I am just an old rec player, never gonna get 'good'. I'll settle for 'decent' any day of the week.
Never saw Uli putt. A little anny feels natural. Haters can hate all they want.
Flat or hyzer works for me from 10' to 20', after that, not so much. 20' to 30', anny is working better, at least so far. I reserve the the right to change my mind.

Out of curiosity, how tall are you? Height can make a difference, especially on push putting. I speak from experience on this...

As ever: JMHO, YMMV.

6'1" - 165 lbs, 32" waist, 34" inseam, 42" jacket.

I'm 6'4", bit more weight. :eek:

I had trouble on traditional push putting, so I've gone to more of a spin putt. Not to the level of Ulibarri by any stretch, but more anhyzer than hyzer. Definitely improved my scoring on downhill/low basket putts.

Aviar might be too stable so you feel you have to anny putt to keep it online. Ever try a Warden or one of the many other Aviar knockoffs that are less stable than the Aviar they should give you the same in hand feel but save you the need for a years worth of beating in so the good ole hyzer putt will work for you too?? Just tryin' to keep you from learning bad habits before they take hold. peace

edit: flat is too hard to duplicate BTW, go hyzer

Last edited:
Matt Dollar. Might not be world class so to speak, but he's 1000+ rated and a great putter. He's got his own channel with some commentary vids that are fun to watch.

Yup. Dollar is the best spin putter in the world. He might have swept all of the putting competitions this year if he wasn't injured for Worlds. So few moving parts, so clean.

LoL@the Uli love. Have you actually watched a full round with him playing?

This is silly. I've watched many a Uli round. He is a fantastic putter. His style is unconventional, but it works for him. I agree he's probably not the guy a player should be trying to emulate, but please don't act like Uli is not a great putter, because he very clearly is.

LoL@the Uli love. Have you actually watched a full round with him playing?

To me Uli is either REALLY good and hitting everything or not really making anything. Then there's that whole illegal step putt thing and the man-bun. :gross::gross::gross:

This is silly. I've watched many a Uli round. He is a fantastic putter. His style is unconventional, but it works for him. I agree he's probably not the guy a player should be trying to emulate, but please don't act like Uli is not a great putter, because he very clearly is.

Well if you say so, it must be true.

I contend that if he was as good a putter as you seem to think he is, that he'd be a top 3 player. He is phenomenal at everything EXCEPT putting.

Well if you say so, it must be true.

I contend that if he was as good a putter as you seem to think he is, that he'd be a top 3 player. He is phenomenal at everything EXCEPT putting.

I don't think he's one of the 10 best putters in the game or anything, but he's very legit. He's a pro-level putter and can hang with almost anyone in the game with his putting. You're right that it's probably not the strongest aspect of his game, but not everyone can be McBeth or Wysocki.

Huh. Who knew...except anybody that's watched multiple video rounds of him.

86%, 2 percentage points away from Nate Doss and other top guys in the game. This is a list of 20 of the absolute best players in the game. Somebody has to be in last place on that list.

Inside the circle putting is a relative weakness to his game, but he is still a very, very strong putter. And, I'd imagine he makes outside the circle putts at a pretty high rate.

But go on, continue talking crap about one of the best players in the world.