• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best Teebird?

I would say most strikers are far more like a faster eagle. Almost all of mine have had minor to significant hs turn right outta the box.

But they do have a teebird fade tho.

Well, like I said, I did like it, just didn't love it like I love my wraiths. I really stopped throwing it much and then lost it on a rare throw. The reason I want it back is to be able to play practice rounds with a teebird, leopard, rocs, and wizards

If it helps, it was a 175 opaque champ teebird, and I avg a 380' drive, and can hit 420 on an all out drive

Ok...so why didn't you love it? You wouldn't have made this thread if there wasn't some characteristic that you didn't like (love) about it.

Ok...so why didn't you love it? You wouldn't have made this thread if there wasn't some characteristic that you didn't like (love) about it.

When I really think about it, I don't remember why I didn't throw it as much. I guess because my wraith hit the sweet spot that took over my teebird shots. Anyway, I guess now what I am asking is: should I get a star or echo star? Both would probably be in the high 160s or 170

When I really think about it, I don't remember why I didn't throw it as much. I guess because my wraith hit the sweet spot that took over my teebird shots. Anyway, I guess now what I am asking is: should I get a star or echo star? Both would probably be in the high 160s or 170

Star. Echo plastic can be sketchy

Honestly man, if you like Wraiths, I think you just need to get an Eagle X. You're talking about that sweet spot, and I think an Eagle is going to give you that same kind of feel. They have fairly similar flight paths, just diff. speeds. That might be just what you're looking for. Pick up a 170's champ or star Eagle-X.

Honestly man, if you like Wraiths, I think you just need to get an Eagle X. You're talking about that sweet spot, and I think an Eagle is going to give you that same kind of feel. They have fairly similar flight paths, just diff. speeds. That might be just what you're looking for. Pick up a 170's champ or star Eagle-X.

Yeah but I've had that wraith for 2 years now. It's a star that is now dead straight. I just bought a new one that is too stable for my preferences. I really think a teebird is the disc for me, especially since I have a lot more throws with one than an eagle

Get an 11x KC Pro Teebird if money doesn't matter. Great flying dice in great plastic. Get 11x Champ or Star if money matters. If you want to go away from Innova find a nice flat Striker.

Then again, there really isn't as bad Teebird.

Yeah but I've had that wraith for 2 years now. It's a star that is now dead straight. I just bought a new one that is too stable for my preferences. I really think a teebird is the disc for me, especially since I have a lot more throws with one than an eagle

Ah, gotcha. I guess our sweet spots on our wraiths are diff. I like when my wraiths have a lot of turnover and almost no fade.

In that case, and if you're looking for a dead straight fairway, Teebird or TL are your money makers. 175 TL's are pretty slick. I have a special place for both of them in my bag, and they'll be with me through thick and thin. Maybe try one of each. I personally like 170 champ teebirds for finesse, 175's for workhorses. Then my TL's are for dead straight shots with absolutely no fade, and are actually taking the place of my sidewinders it seems for understable duties.

My vote is for Champion Teebirds. I have CE's and 11x's in my bag, but also like the Glow Champion TB's as well. After breaking them in, the Champion TB's maintain their flight characteristics very well.

get one in DX and another in premium plastic. use the DX as your main and start to beat it in and use the premium for headwinds since it will be more stable. eventually you'll have a nicely beat in DX one that will be super straight or turnover and you'll still have another in premium plastic that is only starting to break in and will still have fade.

get one in DX and another in premium plastic. use the DX as your main and start to beat it in and use the premium for headwinds since it will be more stable. eventually you'll have a nicely beat in DX one that will be super straight or turnover and you'll still have another in premium plastic that is only starting to break in and will still have fade.

I prefer the DX but this is a good idea for someone who might be affraid to lose initial stability. Losing that initial stability is a good thing and you will find the Teebird is amazing like that, but they are also great in champ just seasoned a bit.

Just FYI. My DX Teebirds I have had have come out of the box more OS than champ out of the box but broke in well. Dont judge a DX Teebird until it gets some "character" I guess is what I am saying.

i read all the posts, get a star teebird. i gad a used red one at 175 and it was sweet. straight and laserlike.....

I have heard/seen good things outa the DX tbird.. But I would suggest the GL or OL River!!!!

The best Teebird is the one in your hand at the time! But like others have said, get a dx & a premium. You will end up with one very straight & one still pretty stable but the same mold

I have heard/seen good things outa the DX tbird.. But I would suggest the GL or OL River!!!!

I've heard the striker is a faster teebird, which I do NOT want. Is the river comparable in terms of stability and speed to the teebird? Because I do love lat64 plastic

yes - IMO, the teebird and river are very similar... I have actually converted a few of my friends from teebird to river..

River is quite a bit less stable and slightly faster. It also has more glide. People like them for the same sort of shots you get out of a well-seasoned Teebird without actually having to beat it up.

I've heard the striker is a faster teebird, which I do NOT want. Is the river comparable in terms of stability and speed to the teebird? Because I do love lat64 plastic

no, the river is more like a TL

yes - IMO, the teebird and river are very similar... I have actually converted a few of my friends from teebird to river..

are you kidding me? Id love to see someone throw a River and a teebird on the same type of lines, or in wind

Latest posts